The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Competition BBQ (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Next Stop. Asbury Park... RESULTS.. (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9049)

BBQchef33 08-10-2004 01:44 PM

Next Stop. Asbury Park... RESULTS..

I'm in!! Bought a 6x12 foot trailer today.
Have an airbrusher lined up to start painting our logo on the trailer.

Sent out the registration fee and had a 2 hour chat with Arlie Bragg last night. NJ is a JD qualifer and a 2500$ first prize. I want that JD!

I'm in..... And the Family is going.. its at the Jersey Shore. Sharon had a complete blast at the Conneticut championship and we made a New York Statment while there. Thats for sure.

Team of 4.
Members to be announced. 8) :twisted: 8)

racer_81 08-10-2004 02:34 PM

Re: Next Stop. Asbury Park. NJ State Qualifer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBQchef33
I'm in!! Bought a 6x12 foot trailer today.
Have an airbrusher lined up to start painting our logo on the trailer.

Sent out the registration fee and had a 2 hour chat with Arlie Bragg last night. NJ is a JD qualifer and a 2500$ first prize. I want that JD!

I'm in..... And the Family is going.. its at the Jersey Shore. Sharon had a complete blast at the Conneticut championship and we made a New York Statment while there. Thats for sure.

Team of 4.

<anonymous, disembodied voice whispers.....>

"your soul is no longer your own..."

chad 08-10-2004 02:50 PM

Very exciting.

At least you won't have to keep taking the Klose on/off a rented trailer! :D

Go Phil, Go!!

badger 08-10-2004 03:13 PM

Holy $hit!

Next we are going to here..."I sold the house...quit my job... the family and I are moving into a single wide on wheels to compete full time".

Now only if your trailer reversing skills matched the awsome paint job on the trialer... :twisted:

racer_81 08-10-2004 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by john
Holy $hit!

Next we are going to here..."I sold the house...quit my job... the family and I are moving into a single wide on wheels to compete full time".

Now only if your trailer reversing skills matched the awsome paint job on the trialer... :twisted:

Yeah....where's the video of the trailer backing in CT? Josh?

BrooklynQ 08-10-2004 03:23 PM

Excellent! I've been honored by Phil - I've joined his team! I'll be helping him 3pete in NJ! WOO HOO!

Now, I hope I don't screw anything up.

chad 08-10-2004 03:29 PM

Quote:

Hmm. New Jersy. Isn't there an area called the Pine Barrens where the "guys" used to "take out the trash"? :D

If Phil asked you to join him you'll do -- fine :twisted:

BrooklynQ 08-10-2004 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DFLittle
Quote:

Hmm. New Jersy. Isn't there an area called the Pine Barrens where the "guys" used to "take out the trash"? :D

Sure is. Know it well. Leave the trash and take the canolies!

Hey, I got an idea... C'mere.... I'll give you a tour :twisted:

willkat98 08-10-2004 09:38 PM

I was going to come, but looks like the east coast team is set

good luck

Solidkick 08-10-2004 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by john
Holy $hit!

That's my wife's dream! Don't sound too bad to me either! If I hit the lottery, it's a done deal!

BigAl 08-11-2004 01:44 AM

Good LUCK, hope the best for you guys!

jmcgrath 08-11-2004 12:07 PM

Re: Next Stop. Asbury Park. NJ State Qualifer.

Quote:

Team of 4.

Are you sure it's a qualifier? If there was more than one NJ State Championship, you go into a draw with the other GCs for the Jack.

Jim

BBQchef33 08-11-2004 12:21 PM

Arlie told me its a qualifer.. Doesnt mean it was the only one though. I think htere allready was one and this makes the second, so yes, you go into a draw for JD.

willkat98 08-11-2004 12:50 PM

Quote:

you go into a draw for JD.

I'll be drawing the JD tonight.

In Laws are back

BBQchef33 08-16-2004 10:56 PM

ok ladies.. Team is almost set. And we ar on our way to Asbury park thuresday evening.

Me(Bbqchef33)
DFLittle is coming up from florida on thursday.
BrooklynQ will be comin in from the boroughs. (and my hometown!)
4th member is still in the air, but if neither of these guys can commit its gonna be the wife and daughter to make number 4.

Got a waterfront hotel room booked on the Jersery Shore for the family.

Start the shoppin tomorrow. We will be competing in all 4 catagories of course.

Rob and Dave, we can get a conference call tomorrow evening to begin planning. Anyone else want to join in or listen in let me know and i will send out the conference number.

Round 3 guys.. here we go again!!

I apologize for the lack of info coming out of me regarding the previous competitions. I have been writing stuff up and John has been working on our Trophy case which will be appearing on our home page soon. This is where all the members that compete can write about there experiences on the competition circuit.