The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Competition BBQ (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   I'll Be MIA for a few days..... (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8785)

Solidkick 07-20-2004 10:11 PM

I'll Be MIA for a few days.....

The Belly Brothers BBQ team makes their debut this weekend at the Boone's Lick KCBS BBQ contest. Brother KC is coming down so we can keep each other awake while we babysit the butts and briskets. As the days get closer, the nerves are becoming more frazzled. If I keep setting here in front of the PC, I'll never get stuff ready! LOL

I've gone back and done a search for some past winners, and their have been winners from Texas, Kansas, and Minnesota. We may be up against a level of competition that I wasn't expecting, especially for our first cookoff. We'll give it our best try, eat a bunch of Q, and make new friends. I bet KC drinks a Beck's or two. I'll be taking 2 bottles of No Doze!

So when you don't see any posts from myself or KC for a few days, it's because we're giving it out best shot at trying to do as well as Phil and Greg. And if we do place, it will be as if the Brothers were there cooking with us, as many of the tips and tricks that we've learned have come from right here on the board. Collectively, we are the Brothers In Smoke!!

So I'm going into Getting Down To Business Mod, and we'll be sure to keep you posted as to how we did! I know 400+ brothers have got our backs! Thanks guys!

SoCalCraigster 07-20-2004 10:25 PM

Good luck to you and KC.

mook 07-20-2004 10:55 PM

Best of luck to you guys.

Don't forget to have fun.

badger 07-21-2004 12:29 AM

Good luck and PLEASE take pictures. We love pictures.

kcquer 07-21-2004 06:12 AM

Bro Kick, Thanks for the invite. Great way to get our feet wet. Thanks to everybody who's written posts I've learned from, answered questions and provided advice. Without the wisdom freely passed around this site the thought of competing would just be a joke.
First place, last place or whatever inbetween doesn't matter as much to me as being a good ambassador for the Brethren and making everybody here proud we were there to represent.
Thanks for the xtra luck, we'll need a good dose of that too!!

MikeG 07-21-2004 06:58 AM

Good Luck
You two are winners no matter what
a judge may think!!
MikeG

parrothead 07-21-2004 07:03 AM

You go guys!

jt 07-21-2004 07:07 AM

I'll be stopping in to see you guys on Saturday. Good Luck!

MrSmoker 07-21-2004 07:18 AM

Good Luck and have fun.Kick some _ss

Bill-Chicago 07-21-2004 07:20 AM

Good Luck Brothers

shock 07-21-2004 07:51 AM

Your motto: Veni, Vedi, Beer-ci (we came, we saw, we drank some beer). Best of luck to you guys.

shock 07-21-2004 07:57 AM

Hey Mr. Kick,

Where is this competition at (directions)? Is there a web site with the details?

Jorge 07-21-2004 08:05 AM

Best of luck guys. Have a blast with it.

chad 07-21-2004 08:15 AM

Relax! Don't let anyone psych you!! Yeah, they'll try.

Stick to what you know works and see how is pans out. Keep the eyes open and listen to what the other competitors AREN'T telling you, too!

Good luck! Have fun! Take pictures! :mrgreen:

The_Kapn 07-21-2004 08:30 AM

Bro Kick and Scott-
I am glad it is you two and not me following the "Greg and Phil show" :lol:
Tough act to follow.
But, you will do great :D :D :D :D :D :D
As I have been told: "Just breathe Brother, breathe"
Have fun and keep us posted.
TIM