The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Competition BBQ (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   GrillKing...Here we come. !!! ..UPDATE: And we Won!!! (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8747)

BBQchef33 07-16-2004 09:38 PM

GrillKing...Here we come. !!! ..UPDATE: And we Won!!!

Well ladies..

The day is here.. The first team to compete under the The Brethren Flag is going coming out tomorrow morning. 4AM Parrothead and I are competing for the King of the Grill title at the Grillkings cookoff on Long Island, NY.. BruceSieg is also flying under our colors as a second entry.

Were competing in all 5 catagories, brisket, ribs, butts, chicken and sauce. We're stayin with our own techniques that are tried and true among us all. Rubs brines and sauces are from this group.... We be representing The Brethren!!

Todays the day guys, We see if were as good as we hope.....

Wish us luck!!!

BBQ- Brethren
Brothers in Smoke
Northeast Chapter.

The_Kapn 07-16-2004 10:06 PM

GrillKing competiition----HUM------sounds familiar!
Bring home the trophy for all of us.
"We Be Rootin""
TIM

kcquer 07-16-2004 10:15 PM

Have a great time, meet some Q people and The Very Best of Luck To Ya! Go Kick Some Ass!!!

Solidkick 07-16-2004 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcquer
Have a great time, meet some Q people and The Very Best of Luck To Ya! Go Kick Some Ass!!!

Yea, kick some Ass for the MoFos have got your back! ;)

Have fun! Be safe, and wear shoes!

chad 07-16-2004 10:58 PM

Kick Ass!

chad 07-16-2004 11:01 PM

Don't forget: boil the ribs then cook them over a real hot fire with lots of Kraft sauce :twisted:

Neil 07-17-2004 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DFLittle
Don't forget: boil the ribs then cook them over a real hot fire with lots of Kraft sauce :twisted:

That is not funny.

Neil 07-17-2004 06:59 AM

Bring home the crown and display it proudly. I won my first Rib King crown last weekend at the Hess Lake Farms Rib Off. It was my first attempt with the Bandera. Love that Beast.

chad 07-17-2004 08:02 AM

Quote:

That is not funny.
Junior, you don't know me well enough to tell me what's funny! :D

You want to make a bet there's not ribs boiling on LI right now? :twisted:

The Brethren should do well -- Make those turn-in times, guys! :D

kcquer 07-17-2004 08:17 AM

Quote:

Don't forget: boil the ribs then cook them over a real hot fire with lots of Kraft sauce
Chad, Neil's right, that not funny, it's farking hilarious!!! I'm not sure I would have gone there, oh but I'm glad you did!! :twisted: :lol: :mrgreen:

chad 07-17-2004 08:24 AM

Hey, I've survived two Bashes and a Quadaffe SCUD missle launch! I can poke fun if I want to! :D

Bigmista 07-17-2004 11:32 AM

Good luck guys!

But most of all have a great time!

P.S. I thought the Kraft remark was hilarious. Just don't tell them that. We might be able to get them as a sponsor for the cruise!

willkat98 07-17-2004 12:21 PM

They just turned in chicken at 1pm.

Next is sauce, then ribs at 3. Butt at 4, Brisket 5 (CST)

Phil was winded running to turn in.

Got about 2 hours sleep

badger 07-17-2004 01:38 PM

I hope all is going well. Knowing Phil, he is doing what he does best and will kick some ass!

Bigmista 07-17-2004 07:14 PM

Is there any news on the contest yet?

Tommy is out here and he wants to know.