The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Rub Co. (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   The Rub Co. Shout-out (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=87199)

NebraskaBBQ 06-24-2010 10:37 AM

The Rub Co. Shout-out

I have to give props to Ryan Chester and The Rub Co. for this Competition Rub sample I received yesterday. I'm thoroughly impressed with it. I had a little taste as soon as I got it and then had to talk myself out of doing a shot of it out of the little bag it was in. I used it on some pork chops I was grilling last night because I wanted to taste it on some meat and the results were great. Can't wait to use it on some ribs or a butt, but I think I'll need more before I do that. I know I'll be ordering a few bottles from their online store soon. Please give this rub a try, everyone. You won't be disappointed. Thanks, Ryan!

ChicagoSizzlin 06-24-2010 11:06 AM

I just got my sample yesterday so Ive been wondering what to use it on. Thanks Ryan will keep this post updated once I find something to grill with it haha.

2Bulldogs 06-24-2010 11:16 AM

It doesn't even say on the website how to get the samples.

chikenskin 06-24-2010 11:21 AM

Got mine yesterday too.
Tasted good on my finger.
I'll try it out this weekend.
Thanks Ryan...

McGurk 06-24-2010 11:57 AM

Planning on trying it Sat night on a hunk of ribs. Looking forward to it!

devious 06-24-2010 12:01 PM

yep got mine too.... very tasty

Ryan Chester 06-24-2010 12:07 PM

Nebraska BBQ - Thanks for the kind words and Im glad you like it!

2bulldogs - A couple weeks ago, we offered free samples to the first 20 Brethren who PM'd me.

I look forward to the rest of your reviews!

ammoore 06-24-2010 12:27 PM

Already used mine up on a whole chicken.
Tasted great out of the baggie with a nice balance between sweet and salty. Cooked up nice and didn't burn so obviously not too much sugar if anyone is concerned.

Wanted to order some of the Spicey but web site says out of stock.
Ryan, any idea when it will be back in stock?

Ryan Chester 06-24-2010 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ammoore (Post 1318985)
Already used mine up on a whole chicken.
Tasted great out of the baggie with a nice balance between sweet and salty. Cooked up nice and didn't burn so obviously not too much sugar if anyone is concerned.

Wanted to order some of the Spicey but web site says out of stock.
Ryan, any idea when it will be back in stock?

Glad you liked it!:thumb:

Our Original Rub (spicy) has an ingredient in it that has recently become a bit of a challenge to get so we are in the process of locating another supplier with better access to it. I anticipate it being available again in the next couple months.

big matt 06-24-2010 12:38 PM

Hey Ryan we will be in Santa Maria with you this weekend..anyway i can pick up a sample from you at your site?

Ryan Chester 06-24-2010 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big matt (Post 1318998)
Hey Ryan we will be in Santa Maria with you this weekend..anyway i can pick up a sample from you at your site?

We'll have plenty for you to sample.

Rover24 06-24-2010 12:55 PM

Thanks Ryan for the sample! It smelled awesome, but I resisted the urge to taste it til I can get it on some meat. Wanted to keep the sample virgin til I fire up the pit!

I got some whole chickens in brine for tomorrows smoke...I'll post pics and a review this weekend. Thanks again!

Ryan Chester 06-24-2010 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rover24 (Post 1319022)
Thanks Ryan for the sample! It smelled awesome, but I resisted the urge to taste it til I can get it on some meat. Wanted to keep the sample virgin til I fire up the pit!

I got some whole chickens in brine for tomorrows smoke...I'll post pics and a review this weekend. Thanks again!

Right on! I look forward to your experience.

yelonutz 06-24-2010 01:16 PM

Ran, I got the sample a couple of days ago. It passed the finger dip test with flying colors. I left it next to my chair in the plastic bag for a few days because I really enjoyed the smell. It was like farking Glade to me!! Ok, I admit, I don't have much of a life. Cooked up some thighs last night. To get to the point, I will be ordering a couple of bottles from the net site and send you the names of some BBQ stores to see if they will stock your stuff. Fantastic! Thank you.

NUTZ

Ryan Chester 06-24-2010 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yelonutz (Post 1319047)
Ran, I got the sample a couple of days ago. It passed the finger dip test with flying colors. I left it next to my chair in the plastic bag for a few days because I really enjoyed the smell. It was like farking Glade to me!! Ok, I admit, I don't have much of a life. Cooked up some thighs last night. To get to the point, I will be ordering a couple of bottles from the net site and send you the names of some BBQ stores to see if they will stock your stuff. Fantastic! Thank you.

NUTZ

Oh yeah, looks great!!!!:clap2: Im glad it didn't just smell good and once you get me the names of the stores, I'll do my best to get it stocked.

Thanks for the pron!