The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Avocado Wood Smoked Chicken Thighs (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83041)

Ross in Ventura 04-19-2010 10:09 AM

Avocado Wood Smoked Chicken Thighs
 
http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/a...w/DSC_0056.jpg
Seasoned with only salt and pepper
http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/a...w/DSC_0059.jpg

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/a...w/DSC_0060.jpg

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/a...w/DSC_0063.jpg
On the Egg @350*-375* indirect and the Avocado wood is smelling great.
http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/a...w/DSC_0066.jpg
After 45-min the look and smell is incredible.
http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/a...w/DSC_0068.jpg
The other side
http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/a...w/DSC_0071.jpg
Finished @ 170* internal 1-hr. 30-min.
http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/a...w/DSC_0072.jpg
The Taste, Incredible a mighty fine cook:clap2:

Thanks for looking

Ross

deguerre 04-19-2010 10:14 AM

Oh, man. KISS. Beautiful.

Paulmark 04-19-2010 10:21 AM

Perfect Ross, just the way I like them.:clap2:

King 04-19-2010 10:26 AM

Those pics got my mouth watering. Thighs are my favorite part of the yardbird.

What kind of digital thermometer do you have? I need one just like that?

Phubar 04-19-2010 10:29 AM

Nice color on those thighs Rossz!:cool:

dannypat21 04-19-2010 10:39 AM

Sometimes simple salt and pepper is all you ever need!

Derek 04-19-2010 10:45 AM

Nice Ross. I'm glad your not coming to Michigan for the kcbs event :)

Ross in Ventura 04-19-2010 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deguerre (Post 1255337)
Oh, man. KISS. Beautiful.

Thanks Guerry, they were incredible

Ross
Quote:

Originally Posted by Paulmark (Post 1255346)
Perfect Ross, just the way I like them.:clap2:

Thanks Paul

Ross
Quote:

Originally Posted by King (Post 1255352)
Those pics got my mouth watering. Thighs are my favorite part of the yardbird.

What kind of digital thermometer do you have? I need one just like that?

Thanks King, http://thermoworks.com/products/ther...FQldagodukaQag

Ross
Quote:

Originally Posted by Phubar (Post 1255357)
Nice color on those thighs Rossz!:cool:

Thanks Phub

Ross

cowgirl 04-19-2010 11:15 AM

Looks perfect Ross! :thumb:

sfbbqguy 04-19-2010 11:49 AM

Outstanding as usual!

Do you just keep that same Sierra Nevada bottle on your cart! Come clean...they're paying you aren't they!

I sort-of feel sorry for King if he gets one of those Red, Snail Speed Thermopens...King you gotta go with the Orange, Speedy Gonzales Thermopen!

Ross in Ventura 04-19-2010 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dannypat21 (Post 1255367)
Sometimes simple salt and pepper is all you ever need!

Thanks Danny

Ross
Quote:

Originally Posted by Derek (Post 1255374)
Nice Ross. I'm glad your not coming to Michigan for the kcbs event :)

That's flattering Derek, thanks

Ross
Quote:

Originally Posted by cowgirl (Post 1255432)
Looks perfect Ross! :thumb:

Thanks Jeanie, I'll never be the creative cook that you are

Ross
Quote:

Originally Posted by sfbbqguy (Post 1255491)
Outstanding as usual!

Do you just keep that same Sierra Nevada bottle on your cart! Come clean...they're paying you aren't they!

I sort-of feel sorry for King if he gets one of those Red, Snail Speed Thermopens...King you gotta go with the Orange, Speedy Gonzales Thermopen!

There is always a fresh one I really like the stuff. Thanks:cool:

Ross

weconway 04-19-2010 03:18 PM

Beautiful chicken. I'd be happy to have that on my dinner plate!

William


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:50 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise v2.6.0 Beta 4 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
2003 -2012 BBQ-Brethren Inc. All rights reserved. All Content and Flaming Pig Logo are registered and protected under U.S and International Copyright and Trademarks. Content Within this Website Is Property of BBQ Brethren Inc. Reproduction or alteration is strictly prohibited.