The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cancer Sucks (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   Hey Scottie?! (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82273)

Jorge 04-10-2010 11:17 AM

Hey Scottie?!

This might be a good time and place to mention your golf outing!:-P:becky:

Scottie 04-13-2010 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jorge (Post 1245831)
This might be a good time and place to mention your golf outing!:-P:becky:

It will be our 8th Annual Corliss Johnson Memorial Golf Outing. This is our only fundraiser that we have during the year. 100% of the monies raised goes to the 501c(3) foundation that I started in my wife's memory. We raise money for cancer reasearch and to assist those that are fighting cancer. As a foundation, we have raised almost $150,000 to fight this fight.

The date of the outing is August 7th @ 12:00 shotgun start. The outing will be out Carriage Greens Country Club, Darien, IL. Darien is a suburb of Chicago. The price will be $150, which includes golf, cart, on-course beverages and banquet/awards dinner following golf.

I know that we officially have one entry and I don't even have the Invite done yet! :clap2: So thank you Jorge.

Hope some of you can make it. It is a great day to remember and to fight the fight.

We will have details at cancersuckschicago.com once I get my new website up and running.... :thumb:

Jacked UP BBQ 04-13-2010 11:54 AM

This sounds like something I may fly into do????? Let me check the dates. Would love to whoop some ass on the links!

Jorge 04-14-2010 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacked UP BBQ (Post 1248751)
This sounds like something I may fly into do????? Let me check the dates. Would love to whoop some ass on the links!

It's been long enough since I picked up my sticks that I'm leaving all my Nassau money at home:pray: And I might be bringing the better half with me, and turning her loose to shop:roll::pray:

I've seen some of the swag folks took home with them last year, and Scottie puts together a nice bag for everyone! That's not nearly as important as the cause, but it's a nice benefit.

Scottie 04-15-2010 12:27 PM

Are you talking about the Bud girls or the Tchotchke's? :icon_blush:

Jorge 04-15-2010 12:30 PM

Yes!

KC_Bobby 04-15-2010 01:38 PM

Is this a 2 or 4 man best shot?

Jorge 04-15-2010 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Bobby (Post 1251512)

You sound like a ringer. I need you in my foursome!:laugh:

Scottie 04-16-2010 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Bobby (Post 1251512)

Honestly, our rules are not that strict. While we do reward the top team, I would much rather just pull a numberr out of the hat and reward that foursome.

while I used to golf, this isn't about golf as much as it's about raising money and a day to remember those that we have lost. It is a very relaxed mood ont he course. I am sure you could figure that out by our hole girls and our traveling beverage CARTS.... I mean, you can never have enough beverage carts on a course at one time... Thanks to Budweiser...