The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Comments on the water pan and bong water.......... (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8191)

Qczar 05-10-2004 09:56 AM

Comments on the water pan and bong water..........

When I was a bit younger (a long time ago folks) and inexperianced, the initail thought of drinking bong water would be a good idea. Hey, it`s just smoked water, right? Clearly after seeing, smelling the stuff it`s not only a bad idea, it`s sickening. Before I started using my Bandera, I thought I was going to use the water in the 'water pan' for making stocks, sauces or such. After getting a few Q`s under my belt, the water pan water looked and pretty much reminded me of bong water! Just does`nt seem like a good idea?

Am I relating the two too much? Or, do some use the pan water?

........... Xczar

parrothead 05-10-2004 10:18 AM

Never even gave that one a thought. Pretty good analogy though.

Arlin_MacRae 05-10-2004 10:35 AM

Quote:

Am I relating the two too much? Or, do some use the pan water?
Hmm, it does have a lot of the right ingredients. I'd have to pass, though. It's just too...yucky. :shock:

BigAl 05-10-2004 10:42 AM

Never used the water for any thing but I have cooked brisket and ribs over a cast Iron pot full of beans and both were good. Brisket Beans had a heaver (thick) taste but the Rib Beans were real good.

Bill-Chicago 05-10-2004 11:47 AM

My ECB manual had a recipe section and they threw carrot and potatoes in the water under a brisket for soup.

Can you imagine serving that ****?

hornbri 05-10-2004 10:48 PM

Umm
If Mook was to have been here this weekend and IF we were to know what bong water was I could tell you for certain the water from my WSM was worse then the bong water.

mook 05-10-2004 10:56 PM

i think what horn is trying to say is...

IF we knew what bong water was, and IF we had not made the mistake of putting the coals above the water pan while grilling the steaks on the WSM, then trying to clean that bitch out for the brisket the next day, we would certainly say that the bong water was better.

p.s. ice makes for a kinder gentler bong water, or so i've heard.

hornbri 05-10-2004 10:59 PM

yeah that...

BBQchef33 05-10-2004 11:41 PM

I have put bongwater IN the water pan while doing Beer Butt chickens. Just proved drugs and alcohol are a waste on dead birds.

:twisted:

Qczar 05-11-2004 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBQchef33
I have put bongwater IN the water pan while doing Beer Butt chickens. Just proved drugs and alcohol are a waste on dead birds.

:twisted:

:lol:

parrothead 05-11-2004 07:07 AM

Quote:

I have put bongwater IN the water pan while doing Beer Butt chickens
Yeuchh mod

Bill-Chicago 05-11-2004 07:29 AM

I throw Brats in the waterpan

BigAl 05-11-2004 01:34 PM

I'v seen Brats in the stores, lately, that should be thrown in the water pan, but when they are over a year old, how to you get them to fit :?: :twisted:

kcquer 05-11-2004 01:41 PM

A good friend of mine moved to The States from England when he was 16, first big party he went to someone handed him a bong, to him it looked like a yard of ale, so he tipped it and drank the whole thing. Farking yuch mod for sure.