The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Competition BBQ (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Broken Tab = Broken Rule?? (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79440)

ModelMaker 03-01-2010 12:50 PM

Broken Tab = Broken Rule??

Watching a rerun of '06 Bama-Que a team went into a freak whilst closing their pork box and broke the tab web on the box. They took their entry and moved to another box for fear they would be DQ'd for a marked container.
I thought I'd read, heard, seen that a broken tab web was not a rules violation. Anybody have any experience on this? Any BOD's want to chime in?
ED
ModelMaker

Brauma 03-01-2010 12:56 PM

We had the same thing happen at our last comp. The tab got broken in the cooler, or puling it out of the cooler. I had spent a chit load of time building a putting green and had to re-do it all in a matter of minutes. Stress!!

Jacked UP BBQ 03-01-2010 01:00 PM

I went to the reps and they are normally good with it

pat 03-01-2010 01:09 PM

When that happened to me I received a new box from the rep with my number on it.

musicmanryann 03-01-2010 01:24 PM

We broke a tab twice this past season. No DQ. It did make me sweat though.

Both times it was during turn-ins, so there was no opportunity to make an exchange, otherwise we would have.

Brew-B-Q 03-01-2010 01:37 PM

I broke one about 20 minutes before turn in, and went to ask the reps. They said it was okay and I didn't need to get a new one.

Jeff Hughes 03-01-2010 01:45 PM

I have broken several tabs over the years. I always go to a rep, and have never been forced to redo a box...

Buster Dog BBQ 03-01-2010 02:07 PM

I had a marking that was part of the sticker on the box once. I took it to the rep and he said they would just put the new number over it. Anytime you notice that the sooner the better it is to ask the rep. If you ask them and they tell you something you have your butt covered vs just taking a chance on a turn-in.

LindaM 03-01-2010 03:11 PM

It is not a DQ. Many times the marker that they count the boxes in production slip by and are given to a competitor. No problem there either, but it is a good idea to bring it to the attention of the rep.

monty3777 03-01-2010 04:52 PM

Was the second box provided by the reps? If not I would imagine using a second "unofficial box" would constitute a real problem!

deena 03-01-2010 05:03 PM

Shouldn't be a DQ. Always ask the rep though.