The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   American Royal BBQ: First Time (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69951)

dedwards 09-30-2009 08:43 PM

American Royal BBQ: First Time

Hey Brethern,

I plan to attend the American Royal BBQ this Saturday in Kansas City. I understand the competition part of the event. Will there also be an opportunity to see and purchase rubs, sauces, tools, etc. What can I expect as a first timer.

Dennis

Buster Dog BBQ 09-30-2009 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dedwards (Post 1041755)
Hey Brethern,

I plan to attend the American Royal BBQ this Saturday in Kansas City. I understand the competition part of the event. Will there also be there also be an opportunity to see and purchase rubs, sauces, tools, etc. What can I expect as a first timer.

Dennis

Last year in the pavillion area they had a lot of different sauces out to sample and buy. There were also vendors setup selling a variety of BBQ supplies and smokers. Some people like Plowboy will probably be selling his stuff at his spot.

Ryan10700 09-30-2009 11:10 PM

This year is my first time going too. Which day is better, Saturday or Sunday? I thought about taking my smoker up there and seeing if anyone was interested in purchasing it. I need the funds to start my next, BIGGER smoker :)

Hugh Jorgan 10-01-2009 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan10700 (Post 1041902)
This year is my first time going too. Which day is better, Saturday or Sunday? I thought about taking my smoker up there and seeing if anyone was interested in purchasing it. I need the funds to start my next, BIGGER smoker :)

That's a pretty good idea with the smoker. Catch 'em all slobbered up and wanting to start a new hobby just as they're leaving the cook off. You'll probably get top dollar.

Buster Dog BBQ 10-01-2009 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan10700 (Post 1041902)

Sunday pretty much everyone is cooking, so I would stay away. Saturday there are about 120-125 teams cooking the invite so they wont be socializing a lot.

Not sure where you will get your smoker in. The parking lot is a short walk from the Royal. I doubt you can just take it in there without having a spot.