-   Catering, Food Handling and Awareness (
-   -   Staying Legal (

The Pigman 08-20-2009 10:09 AM

Staying Legal
A small bar is wanting to do a Laua night and is wanting me to do the cooking with my smoker there. Around 100 people that they are selling tickets for. They have a kitchen and food permit for their building. I do not whereas I have only done private parties at private properties. How do I get around the board of health???? My truck is not done so I do not have my food lic. yet. Want to stay legal whereas I do not want any thing to go wrong. We can prep the food inside their kitchen and serve using their items.

C Rocke 08-20-2009 10:28 AM

It would seem that if you use their kitchen and facility, you become a contractor or personal chef for the event. In most cases, "occasional" outdoor cooking is not a problem. Might be best to have the bar owner approach his Health inspector to ask the question.

Bbq Bubba 08-20-2009 10:32 AM

Become an employee for the event using their kitchen & license.

The Pigman 08-20-2009 10:38 AM

Thanks Bubba

TomTheGrillGuy 08-20-2009 05:35 PM

+1 on becoming an "employee" The biggest thing you have to remember is that you want to cover yourself in case people get "a little sick" as you want the liability OFF of you.

Willard 08-20-2009 06:09 PM

Here that would be a chef for hire and all of there insurance an lic. apply. Check with your health inspector. He will give you all the information you need.

blues_n_cues 08-20-2009 06:19 PM

if it's under their name & license you are golden.. nuff said...........

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:28 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
2003 -2012 BBQ-Brethren Inc. All rights reserved. All Content and Flaming Pig Logo are registered and protected under U.S and International Copyright and Trademarks. Content Within this Website Is Property of BBQ Brethren Inc. Reproduction or alteration is strictly prohibited.