The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Catering, Food Handling and Awareness (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Heading to Sturgis to vend, looking for ideas (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65715)

BigBubba'sRoadhouseBBQ 07-23-2009 06:20 PM

Heading to Sturgis to vend, looking for ideas
 
We have been asked to vend at a campground in Sturgis this year. They have 500 campers in the campground. We are doing breakfast and dinner only. This is our menu so far. Looking for any other ideas that would be quick and good
Breakfast
Coffee, Juice, Biscuits/Gravy, breakfast burritos, Eggs/sausage/bacon
Dinner
Pulled pork, ribs, boneless chicken thighs on a stick, Italian sausage on a stick, beans, cole slaw, cheesy potatoes, 1/2 chicken dinner

Thanks for any input

Ray
Big Bubba's Roadhouse BBQ

bbqbull 07-23-2009 06:35 PM

I think a version of some type of a cheese and halapeno stuffed fattie sandwich would go well there.

Kevin 07-23-2009 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbqbull (Post 979780)
I think a version of some type of a cheeze and halapeno stuffed fattie sandwich would go well there.

Yep, hot, spicy, and filling is what I always liked to find at a motorcycle rally. Do yourself a favor and set aside half a day or so, to cruise Spearfish Canyon. That is one of my favorite drives of all time.

bbqbull 07-23-2009 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin (Post 979786)
Yep, hot, spicy, and filling is what I always liked to find at a motorcycle rally. Do yourself a favor and set aside half a day or so, to cruise Spearfish Canyon. That is one of my favorite drives of all time.

I totally agree with you Kevin on both points.

hogman 07-23-2009 08:06 PM

do some mild stuff to, did a rally in central miss and a lot of us old farts couldn't
stand the spice or sauce. the money was good, and when there hungry they
want it eat.

BBQ Grail 07-23-2009 08:13 PM

How about stopping into Cattle Call and introducing yourself to all the people that are going to share their vast knowledge with you.

Have fun in Sturgis!

C Rocke 07-23-2009 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBubba'sRoadhouseBBQ (Post 979769)
We have been asked to vend at a campground in Sturgis this year. They have 500 campers in the campground. We are doing breakfast and dinner only. This is our menu so far. Looking for any other ideas that would be quick and good
Breakfast
Coffee, Juice, Biscuits/Gravy, breakfast burritos, Eggs/sausage/bacon
Dinner
Pulled pork, ribs, boneless chicken thighs on a stick, Italian sausage on a stick, beans, cole slaw, cheesy potatoes, 1/2 chicken dinner

Thanks for any input

Ray
Big Bubba's Roadhouse BBQ

For breakfast, we do a breakfast taco or breakfast "mess". Mess is fried potatoes, eggs, sausage, bacon, cheese, onion, topped with salsa in a paper boat - Sells as fast as we can make it. Breakfast taco is the same thing, served over a warm tortilla in a boat.

Jacked UP BBQ 07-23-2009 08:37 PM

I will have to say don't go crazy. Go simple stupid. Unless you have the help and budget, easier the menu, the better the bottom line. Yes I agree that ABT's are great and they would buy them (hopefully), but if they were not on the menu no one would miss them. Keep to the main meats and sides. When you spin off track to much is when you see your profit sink. Out of 500 people there I would be maybe one would say I hope they have ABT's. Cook what you know will sell and make money. I will stress one more time, do not cook what they would not expect tp be on the menu although it sounds awesome it will not sell in most cases as good as you would think. Good luck and make that money.

BBQ Grail 07-23-2009 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C Rocke (Post 979886)
For breakfast, we do a breakfast taco or breakfast "mess". Mess is fried potatoes, eggs, sausage, bacon, cheese, onion, topped with salsa in a paper boat - Sells as fast as we can make it. Breakfast taco is the same thing, served over a warm tortilla in a boat.


If C Rocke were selling these, I'd buy one...

http://thebbqgrail.com/wp-content/up...ast-Sammie.jpg

C Rocke 07-23-2009 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBQ Grail (Post 979893)
If C Rocke were selling these, I'd buy one...

http://thebbqgrail.com/wp-content/up...ast-Sammie.jpg

Ah yes, the 'ol bagel, egg and cheese - Thanks Larry!

BigBubba'sRoadhouseBBQ 07-23-2009 10:52 PM

Thanks for the advice. I will be posting pictures as we go

Thanks

Ray

douglaslizard 07-24-2009 03:33 AM

cant go wrong with burgers

Norcoredneck 07-24-2009 03:51 AM

Those Brat patties that Desert Dweller posted would be good. Wonder if their available in bulk. Chili Cheese Fries.

jswordy 07-24-2009 10:33 AM

All I can add is, be prepared to be swamped with customers! Sturgis is a trip, man.

WineMaster 07-24-2009 11:42 AM

Loaded Baked Potatoes with Pulled Pork or Pulled Beef.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:14 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise v2.6.0 Beta 4 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
2003 -2012 BBQ-Brethren Inc. All rights reserved. All Content and Flaming Pig Logo are registered and protected under U.S and International Copyright and Trademarks. Content Within this Website Is Property of BBQ Brethren Inc. Reproduction or alteration is strictly prohibited.