The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses. (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Need input Please. (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59211)

Norcoredneck 03-29-2009 09:48 PM

Need input Please.

Ok a family friends daughter is having a party for her boyfriend and his platoon which are off to Afganistan. So They asked if I can cook Spares and Chicken. Knowing they are on a budget I suggested filler also. Figured pork and hotlinks. They are going to have all types of sides. They said they are planning on 50 people. more than half hungry Marines. Question is how many cans of beans, how many slabs would you cook? Gonna do leg quarters some whole, some split.

Bigmista 03-29-2009 10:29 PM

If she agrees to the filler (pork) I"d figure on 2 bones per person. Most people would pass up chicken to get to a rib. Pork might slow them down. 3-4 large cans of beans should cover you.

barbefunkoramaque 03-29-2009 10:30 PM

I just got through doing a party for 12 year old boys. 7 of them. They ate 12 racks of spares. My Gosh.. they were not even that big the boys not the ribs.

Since you have Marines that A: have not been stateside in a while and B: are going back for a while... I would throw out the rule book and cook 3 times what you would normally serve and tell them, like my love for this country.....there will be no end to the ribs.

God Bless you Norcore

Divemaster 03-30-2009 10:05 AM

I hate to admit it, but I agree with Donny....

I would figure that even with the all the sides and 'filler' they are going to hit you up for at least half a slab each... (Them there boys can eat!) I would also reduce the amount of chicken a bit...

Bbq Bubba 03-30-2009 10:08 AM

You used the word "budget" so obviously its not a free for all buffet.

1/4 lb pork, 2 ribs, portion of chicken and a piece of sausage with sides will more than feed your group.

2 #10 cans of beans done up Keri C. style will easily feed 50.

Jorge 03-30-2009 10:09 AM

Marines getting ready to deploy? They'll make short work of the ribs.

Norcoredneck 03-30-2009 11:36 AM

Another question, Never really counted but a rack of spares has ? servable bones?

big brother smoke 03-30-2009 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norcoredneck (Post 889910)
Another question, Never really counted but a rack of spares has ? servable bones?

Spares at least 10. YMMV

barbefunkoramaque 03-30-2009 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Divemaster (Post 889850)
I hate to admit it, but I agree with Donny....

I would figure that even with the all the sides and 'filler' they are going to hit you up for at least half a slab each... (Them there boys can eat!) I would also reduce the amount of chicken a bit...

You know what Dive master I have had it with you. If there's one thing I know how to do is cook... in fact I am probably even a shorter cook than you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:twisted:

Divemaster 03-30-2009 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbefunkoramaque (Post 889950)
You know what Dive master I have had it with you. If there's one thing I know how to do is cook... in fact I am probably even a shorter cook than you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:twisted:

Now Donny, let's not talk about your short commings in public... We all know that large tank in your avitar is trying to make up for something you don't have....

Now back to feeding the Navies offspring...

Are you going to create a 'Standard Plate' (where you fill the plate and they have no choice) or is this going to be more of a Buffet?

For a Buffet, I stand firm on having more ribs... If you are creating the plate, more toward the lines of what Bubba said...

barbefunkoramaque 03-30-2009 01:04 PM

LOL. I can honestly say, and Shane might agree, I am the shortest bbq you may ever come across.

Divemaster 03-30-2009 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbefunkoramaque (Post 889968)
LOL. I can honestly say, and Shane might agree, I am the shortest bbq you may ever come across.

Is that you in the chamber????

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...einchamber.jpg

You are short... Now back to feeding our men in green....

Bbq Bubba 03-30-2009 01:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Maybe we can keep the hijacking down to a minimum at least in this forum?

Bbq Bubba 03-30-2009 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norcoredneck (Post 889910)

Spares, if trimmed right will have 12 bones. :biggrin:

Bigmista 03-30-2009 01:29 PM

I serve 12 bones per slab.