The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   For the Board (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   A new KCBS? (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55833)

Bentley 01-28-2009 10:32 AM

A new KCBS?

I am a very opininate person, I make no apoligies for that. I like to believe I am an even minded and fair person too.

I have been very vocal when it comes to KCBS and what I believe was a lack of responsiveness to members inquries. And for me, in the past, their performance has been very bad. I recently renewed my KCBS membership in December, not because I wanted to but because I had too for judging.

There is a contest in Orange County in May that I want to judge. For the 1st time in my 6+ years of judging, it states you will need to provide your KCBS Membership card. I have never had one, I got my badge in 2003, but no card. I wrote KCBS an email last night to ask if I should have received this. I was not expecting to have a responce when I got to my email this morning. Does a response to an inqurie in a timely manner make everything right between me and KCBS, no it does not, I have a hard time embracing the forget part of Forgive & Forget. It is a start though!

Does it mean the squweekie wheel gets the grease?

All I know at this time is I got a response from KCBS in a VERY timely manner to an inqurie, something that has NEVER happened in the past.

Thank you Dawn at KCBS!

big brother smoke 01-28-2009 11:40 AM

A new day has dawned :shock::biggrin:

Spydermike72 01-28-2009 12:02 PM

That is good news. I think it may also have something to do with the recent additions to the KCBS office. That was indeed a need and they filled it. Hopefully we will see a more reactive KCBS. I know I have seen an improvement in the past year.

Bigmista 01-28-2009 12:03 PM

Wow. I'm impressed that Bentley could be impressed.

Bentley 01-28-2009 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigmista (Post 837968)
Wow. I'm impressed that Bentley could be impressed.

I was impressed.

Bentley 01-28-2009 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big brother smoke (Post 837956)
A new day has dawned :shock::biggrin:

This is how slow I am, I just got this after rereading it...

paydabill 01-28-2009 04:17 PM

I don't know. I think they are trying. I like to give the benefit of the doubt. I belong, but I do it because I would to hate to see what comeptitions would be like without them .

ThomEmery 01-28-2009 04:26 PM

I was impressed by the general professionalism at the Nashville meetings
Well except for that trouble maker Arlie............:)

arlieque 01-28-2009 07:32 PM

You were the one they kicked out of the banquet!!!!

ThomEmery 01-28-2009 08:27 PM

Yea wearin the IBCA Jacket was a mistake

HoDeDo 01-28-2009 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arlieque (Post 838323)
You were the one they kicked out of the banquet!!!!

I've outlived any event that ever booted me :twisted: It is like a curse. They just wither and die off... :icon_devil

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThomEmery (Post 838371)

That is kinda like with Stith takes his rainbow covered cooker to .... oh nevermind.

:icon_cool:icon_cool:icon_cool

arlieque 01-29-2009 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThomEmery (Post 838371)

I sent you reply to Jeff and Lynn, they didnt think that was funny!!!!