The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Announcements and news (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Kingsford Product Launch - NYC 11/18 4-6PM (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52047)

MilitantSquatter 11-12-2008 05:08 PM

Kingsford Product Launch - NYC 11/18 4-6PM

Guys,

Chris Lilly had invited me to a Kingsford new product launch that he is hosting in Manhattan on 11/18 in Manhattan from 4-6PM. It was originally scheduled to be held at Blue Smoke but now venue has changed due to permit issues. Unfortunately due to work schedule and 4PM start time I had to decline the invite.

At the AR last month, some of us got a sneak peek of the new product with Chris and team so I knew what it was anyway. I think many might be pleased.

I advised that although I couldn't make it, there may be a few of you guys who may be interested that work in the city and could make the start time. The marketing arm for the promo event got back to me and agreed to extend the invite to allow approximately five others from here if interested based on space limitations.

http://clmclient.com/kingsford-evite/

If you're interested, please e-mail Diane Mangiantini at dmangiantini @ currentlm dot com or call her at p. 415-449-0122.

WannaBeBBQueen 11-13-2008 06:10 AM

darn, I wish it was a different date :cry:

barbefunkoramaque 11-13-2008 07:31 AM

Whoa... I like Chris Lily. That's a real honor. Remember him on the Today show cooking chicken against the Neelys and holding up the chicken and saying "anbd if you do it right it turns out like this" and he squeezes it in his hands and the chicken 1/1 falls apart all over the table.

I wish I could meet this guy again.

spicewine 11-13-2008 11:48 AM

Kingsford sent me 3 cases of their new product to run cooking trials on in the off season. From what we have done so far, I like the fact that there is less waste product at the end of the cook. I will share all information with the Brethren as I get it.

Spice

SmokeInDaEye 11-13-2008 12:36 PM

I'll try to make it.

Yakfishingfool 11-13-2008 01:49 PM

I liked it too. Low waste and a good temperature output. Scott

Solidkick 11-13-2008 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spicewine (Post 780368)
Kingsford sent me 3 cases of their new product to run cooking trials on in the off season. From what we have done so far, I like the fact that there is less waste product at the end of the cook. I will share all information with the Brethren as I get it.

Spice

FarK that! gimme a case!

barbefunkoramaque 11-13-2008 05:33 PM

Where do you write to get this new stuff.

My video that tested the Stoker for durability on a stick burner used 43 lbs all at once. It has over 7900 hits. That's more than any Stoker/Stumps stoker or even Kingsford Presence. So I figure they send me some free new stuff... I will make a little video for them.

43 pounds of Kingsford and a Stoker Vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SotI-UzYGn4

CTSmokehouse 11-14-2008 03:43 PM

Sounds like a really neat venue....

Too bad I'm commited to donating blood then...

and it's our 19th Anniversary...

Looking forward to reading about it here...

Yours in BBQ,

Cliff

SmokeInDaEye 11-14-2008 06:50 PM

I'm rsvp'd and am going to swing by for a bit to see what's what. I hope the new product is chocolate dipped lumps of charcoal for the holidays!

Westexbbq 11-14-2008 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmokeInDaEye (Post 781433)
I'm rsvp'd and am going to swing by for a bit to see what's what. I hope the new product is chocolate dipped lumps of charcoal for the holidays!

Hope you can take some pics to share along with your stellar commentary.
Easy-peasey.
Enjoy.

MilitantSquatter 11-14-2008 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmokeInDaEye (Post 781433)

Glad to hear you'll be able to make it Clint..

SmokeInDaEye 11-14-2008 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MilitantSquatter (Post 781462)
Glad to hear you'll be able to make it Clint..

Thanks for the heads up. Luckily it's only two blocks from my office so I can escape for a bit without too much hype.

JohnMcD348 11-14-2008 11:46 PM

So what's the product launch? Are they bringing back a version of the old formula or another reformulation? I've tried to Google it to find out what's up but haven't been able to find anything about it. Any insight or is it still completely hush-hush?

SmokeInDaEye 11-15-2008 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnMcD348 (Post 781628)
So what's the product launch? Are they bringing back a version of the old formula or another reformulation? I've tried to Google it to find out what's up but haven't been able to find anything about it. Any insight or is it still completely hush-hush?

I can't tell you what's in it but I can tell you it will be called Kingsford Soylent Green.