The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Competition BBQ (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   KCBS Rules Clarification, Please. (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50061)

txschutte 10-01-2008 08:24 AM

KCBS Rules Clarification, Please.
 
Wyatt will be leading his first team into competition next May.

I have researched as much as I can about age limitation for pitmaster at a KCBS event, and found no such rule or regulation. Am I overlooking this?

Making sure I have all in place before his day.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Squeeze 10-01-2008 08:30 AM

For some reason 16 is in my head. I am not sure where I remember that from....

Sledneck 10-01-2008 08:31 AM

Rules state only that you have to be 16 to judge but nothing about the cook

Bunny 10-01-2008 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sledneck (Post 749248)
Rules state only that you have to be 16 to judge but nothing about the cook

Yes. It only pertains to judging. Did you read the article in the Bullsheet about Ben and Jerry's? Ben is only 13 and did a great job.

Bunny

Bunny 10-01-2008 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by txschutte (Post 749242)
Wyatt will be leading his first team into competition next May.

I have researched as much as I can about age limitation for pitmaster at a KCBS event, and found no such rule or regulation. Am I overlooking this?

Making sure I have all in place before his day.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Just checked with KCBS to make sure my statement was correct. It is correct. No age rule for cooking competition. Give it time though....someone will try to make it a rule. :icon_bugeyed LOL

QansasjayhawQ 10-01-2008 10:54 AM

Congratulations to Wyatt! That's some exciting news.

Does he know which competitions he'll be at yet?

I just happen to have my copy of the 2008 rules right here . . . yep - only judges have an age limitation.

Will he let you be an assistant cook?

CaptTable 10-01-2008 12:48 PM

Now, Bunny . . . .no one would do that would they??????:lol:

Phillip

YankeeBBQ 10-01-2008 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptTable (Post 749407)
Now, Bunny . . . .no one would do that would they??????:lol:

Phillip

At least not until they got beat by a 9 year old.....

txschutte 10-01-2008 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YankeeBBQ (Post 749411)
At least not until they got beat by a 9 year old.....

Let's hope that Wyatt would be grandfathered in at that point. He'll be 11 at this comp.

txschutte 10-01-2008 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QansasjayhawQ (Post 749344)
Congratulations to Wyatt! That's some exciting news.

Does he know which competitions he'll be at yet?

I just happen to have my copy of the 2008 rules right here . . . yep - only judges have an age limitation.

Will he let you be an assistant cook?

He will be heading the first Boy-B-Que Team at the Honky Tonk BBQ in North Platte, NE in May. After that, 2 small non-sanctioned comps here locally. After that, who knows? Maybe the River City Roundup?

As far as letting me cook, he has his cooking spots full for the first comp. I get to run boxes, and tend fires. :icon_blush:
Ya gotta start somewhere.:roll:

LindaM 10-01-2008 06:52 PM

2007 an 8 year old won chicken in Bel Air.

Fat Angel 10-01-2008 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LindaM (Post 749644)
2007 an 8 year old won chicken in Bel Air.


Wasn't that Tuffy's son?????


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:23 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise v2.6.0 Beta 4 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
2003 -2012 BBQ-Brethren Inc. All rights reserved. All Content and Flaming Pig Logo are registered and protected under U.S and International Copyright and Trademarks. Content Within this Website Is Property of BBQ Brethren Inc. Reproduction or alteration is strictly prohibited.