The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   For the Board (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Quick Notes from the Board (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39389)

Merl 03-17-2008 09:37 AM

Quick Notes from the Board
 
On the KCBS web site (www.kcbs.us), in the news section of the homepage is a link to:

"Quick Notes from the Board"
These are not the official minutes of the Board meeting, but a brief summary of the board meeting. The Board wants to have a method of giving a summary, and not having our members, who might be interested wait for a month or longer to read the full minutes in the Bullsheet.

Again, these are not the official minutes, but intended to be a "news" summary" of the board meeting.

Merl Whitebook
Secretary, KCBS

KC_Bobby 03-17-2008 09:56 AM

The Board considered the motion to allow telephone or electronic methods to listen to the Board meetings. The motion did not pass. Members of KCBS are welcome to attend the meeting in person. Except for October, all Board meetings are held on the second Wednesday of each month at 7:00 p.m.

Merl, are you able to elaberate on this? Is this motion dead, or will the motion be reworked based on board discussion and passed at the next meeting?

Sledneck 03-17-2008 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merl (Post 591017)
On the KCBS web site (www.kcbs.us), in the news section of the homepage is a link to:

"Quick Notes from the Board"
These are not the official minutes of the Board meeting, but a brief summary of the board meeting. The Board wants to have a method of giving a summary, and not having our members, who might be interested wait for a month or longer to read the full minutes in the Bullsheet.

Again, these are not the official minutes, but intended to be a "news" summary" of the board meeting.

Merl Whitebook
Secretary, KCBS

A great idea. I was very disappointed to read this though:
The Board considered the motion to allow telephone or electronic methods to listen to the Board meetings. The motion did not pass. Members of KCBS are welcome to attend the meeting in person. Except for October, all Board meetings are held on the second Wednesday of each month at 7:00 p.m.

nthole 03-17-2008 10:10 AM

Glad to see the nepotism issue was withdrawn as well. Would have loved to have heard that heated discussion.

I think it sucks that they are basically saying if you aren't from KC and don't want to travel then you can't hear the meetings. That's pretty ludicrous and Kansas City-centric in thinking. With technology the way it is today there's many affordable options. Sounds more like an attempt to keep people out than a serious look at being inclusive.

YankeeBBQ 03-17-2008 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nthole (Post 591042)
Glad to see the nepotism issue was withdrawn as well. Would have loved to have heard that heated discussion.

I think it sucks that they are basically saying if you aren't from KC and don't want to travel then you can't hear the meetings. That's pretty ludicrous and Kansas City-centric in thinking. With technology the way it is today there's many affordable options. Sounds more like an attempt to keep people out than a serious look at being inclusive.

Hey Jorge how's about setting us up a petition for this one. I would jump on board.

Sledneck 03-17-2008 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YankeeBBQ (Post 591067)
Hey Jorge how's about setting us up a petition for this one. I would jump on board.

Great idea!

Jorge 03-17-2008 11:01 AM

I'm not running a PAC.

YankeeBBQ 03-17-2008 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jorge (Post 591081)
I'm not running a PAC.

That's what you think Mon Capitan. Jorge for President !!

Merl 03-17-2008 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Bobby (Post 591032)
The Board considered the motion to allow telephone or electronic methods to listen to the Board meetings. The motion did not pass. Members of KCBS are welcome to attend the meeting in person. Except for October, all Board meetings are held on the second Wednesday of each month at 7:00 p.m.

Merl, are you able to elaberate on this? Is this motion dead, or will the motion be reworked based on board discussion and passed at the next meeting?

I think the issue is dead for this year. The make up of the members of the BOD changes each year. Will try again next year, if I have the opportunity.

I remain constant in my belief that KCBS should be a member driven and influenced organization. It will remain, as in the past, and again next year when I run for re-election, the prime issue which I hope voters will insist upon. (at least right now, and I hope no larger issue comes up this year.)

Yours in Q
Merl Whitebook

KC_Bobby 03-17-2008 11:44 AM

Thanks Merl. I was hoping the motion was just to be reworked that rather than having call ins, that the meetings would be streamed via the internet so members would be able to listen for free/very low charge. Technology is pretty wonderful these days and I'm disappointed that this is dead.

Can you tell us how the vote came out?

Transformer BBQ 03-17-2008 11:45 AM

Merl-
Board members are allowed to call in a vote on issues, right?

drbbq 03-17-2008 01:03 PM

I don't see any mention of my proposal to write a new KCBS Cookbook with Carolyn. I purposely spoke with Carolyn before even bringing it up and she said she was interested in doing it. But now I feel like maybe I was dreaming during our discussions and my visit to the BOD meeting because the idea seems to have just vanished into thin air.

I don't mean this at you Merl, I'm just saying.....

Roo-B-Q'N 03-17-2008 01:51 PM

If you have never sat through a KCBS BOD meeting before, I really urge you to make it a point to do so. It will answer so many of your questions.

The dynamics of this board is like a third grade playground. They line up according to their loyalties and the bullies try to pick fights and the good little kids try to get their work done. The bullies hold their breath until they can't anymore and then move onto another time wasting event. It is really all pretty silly to watch.

This is why they do not want you to hear what is going on. They sound like a bunch of idgits and they don't want you to know how big of idgits they are. This is also why they do not hold the meetings when more people could attend. Have them on Friday Nights (Saturday Nights during Comp Season) and I bet more people would show up. Of course there are some exceptions on the board and they know who they are.

And Doc, I think you had vanished into thin air in several of the board members eyes while you were still standing there. I would go to Caroline and see what she has to say.

All of this of course is just my .02 cents.

drbbq 03-17-2008 02:29 PM

Nah, it's not worth the trouble. I've already moved on to something very cool. Here's a hint:I had a beer with Gaylord Perry yesterday.

Spydermike72 03-17-2008 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drbbq (Post 591253)
Nah, it's not worth the trouble. I've already moved on to something very cool. Here's a hint:I had a beer with Gaylord Perry yesterday.

Spitballs ??? :lol: Just kidding, sounds like it could be something really cool, like Stadium Food or something ??


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:43 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise v2.6.0 Beta 4 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
2003 -2012 BBQ-Brethren Inc. All rights reserved. All Content and Flaming Pig Logo are registered and protected under U.S and International Copyright and Trademarks. Content Within this Website Is Property of BBQ Brethren Inc. Reproduction or alteration is strictly prohibited.