The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Announcements and news (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   GLBBQA BBQ Class (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35051)

Spydermike72 12-19-2007 01:48 PM

GLBBQA BBQ Class

Bone Daddy's BBQ in Saginaw,MI will be hosting our first organized association event on Saturday, January 12, 2008 at 1pm. The idea is for an interactive class to help all levels of BBQ'ers from backyard to competition.

Billy has been gracious enough to arrange for information to be presented on topics such as Meat Purchase & Prep, Rubs,Sauces, & Marinades, Wood Selection, Presentation, Catering tips, and fielding questions from attendees.

Cost is $35.00 for GLBBQA members, $50.00 for non-members (will include a GLBBQA membership) which is payable at the door. Lunch is included.
RSVP's are needed ahead of time and can be made via e-mail to sfischer@glbbqa.com, or mterry@glbbqa.com, or bbissonnette@glbbqa.com

Hope to see many of you there.
Thanks

Bbq Bubba 12-19-2007 01:52 PM

Checking date, sound's like a good time!!:mrgreen:

Spydermike72 12-19-2007 08:35 PM

Hope to see you there Bubba!!

chinesebob 12-20-2007 12:33 AM

Where is Saginaw?

chinesebob 12-20-2007 12:36 AM

Hijack mod on: You know the old joke - why are there so many rednecks in Columbus? Because this was as the bus would take them on 10.00 from WV.
Now we can say the same thing about the state up North. Congrats on getting a new guy.
Hijack mod off:

Spydermike72 12-20-2007 05:33 AM

Hey Bob,

Saginaw is about 100 miles north of Detroit, in Michigan :mrgreen:

Quote:

Originally Posted by chinesebob (Post 518220)
Where is Saginaw?

Spydermike72 12-20-2007 05:34 AM

So we should expect to see more rednecks in Michigan ??

Thanks, I think I will hold off on judgement until late November of 08, say the last game of the regular season....

Quote:

Originally Posted by chinesebob (Post 518222)
Hijack mod on: You know the old joke - why are there so many rednecks in Columbus? Because this was as the bus would take them on 10.00 from WV.
Now we can say the same thing about the state up North. Congrats on getting a new guy.
Hijack mod off:

Spydermike72 01-02-2008 09:06 AM

Location Changes

Please note the location change to the Midland MI, location.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spydermike72 (Post 517619)
Bone Daddy's BBQ in Midland,MI will be hosting our first organized association event on Saturday, January 12, 2008 at 1pm. The idea is for an interactive class to help all levels of BBQ'ers from backyard to competition.

Billy has been gracious enough to arrange for information to be presented on topics such as Meat Purchase & Prep, Rubs,Sauces, & Marinades, Wood Selection, Presentation, Catering tips, and fielding questions from attendees.

Cost is $35.00 for GLBBQA members, $50.00 for non-members (will include a GLBBQA membership) which is payable at the door. Lunch is included.
RSVP's are needed ahead of time and can be made via e-mail to sfischer@glbbqa.com, or mterry@glbbqa.com, or bbissonnette@glbbqa.com

Hope to see many of you there.
Thanks

smoke-n-my-i's 01-02-2008 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chinesebob (Post 518220)
Where is Saginaw?

Not in the Mid-Atlantic region..... :eek:

I just had to do it......:twisted:

Bbq Bubba 01-03-2008 08:11 PM

Bumping this up, i believe there are still some spot's open....:cool:

chinesebob 01-04-2008 12:51 AM

Ok, so why is it called Midland Michigan? It's almost in another country. That's like a different country.

Smoke - laugh all you want. I think we should just refer by football conference. Very clear and no ever gets them mixed unles you include thinking Oklahoma isn't in the Intermountain college region.

Spydermike72 01-04-2008 07:11 AM

Midland is the middle of the state of Michigan... Or Big Ten Country for you folks in Ohio :mrgreen:

Quote:

Originally Posted by chinesebob (Post 528739)
Ok, so why is it called Midland Michigan? It's almost in another country. That's like a different country.

Smoke - laugh all you want. I think we should just refer by football conference. Very clear and no ever gets them mixed unles you include thinking Oklahoma isn't in the Intermountain college region.

tonto1117 01-04-2008 07:18 AM

Mike, if you can but us down as a definite maybe:shock:....Have to see if Bud can switch a bussines trip around. Julie A also said that if we go she will take the ride up with us. Should know by next week wether it's a go or not. Will let you know ASAP.

Spydermike72 01-04-2008 07:32 AM

I got you down Tonto, I hope to see you again there!!

ThomEmery 01-04-2008 08:52 AM

$50 What a deal