The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Competition BBQ (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Roll Call: Platte City, MO....May 11 & 12 (with results) (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26784)

smknwhlswife 05-04-2007 01:02 PM

Roll Call: Platte City, MO....May 11 & 12 (with results)
 
Smoke on Wheels will be there. We will be in spot 131.

Plowboy 05-04-2007 01:47 PM

Plowboys will be there, but I don't recall our spot.

beam boys bbq 05-04-2007 05:16 PM

platta mo where is it at in the state

york

Jeff_in_KC 05-04-2007 06:31 PM

Nothwest of KC, York.

Big Creek BBQ will be there... Cabin 50A. We decided to rough it this contest! :wink:

smknwhlswife 05-05-2007 10:34 PM

Don't forget your (or your kid's) swimsuits! They have said that the pool now has a dome and is heated.

I know there were a few teams with families that chose not to come to this one since they changed to an earlier weekend and everyone thought that the pool would still be closed. It looks like they will also have a spray park at some point this summer too.

Jeff_in_KC 05-05-2007 11:12 PM

Just saw the forecast (for what it's worth anyway!) and it said sunny and 80 both Friday and Saturday. Looking good! Can't wait to get out there, set up my INDOOR kitchen, pop up the easy up, season meat and go inside in the AC and take a nap on the queen sized bed.

Plowboy 05-07-2007 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff_in_KC (Post 390161)
Just saw the forecast (for what it's worth anyway!) and it said sunny and 80 both Friday and Saturday. Looking good! Can't wait to get out there, set up my INDOOR kitchen, pop up the easy up, season meat and go inside in the AC and take a nap on the queen sized bed.

Forecast now calls for 30-40% chance of thunderstorms. I'm sure it will change again before the week is out.

We are spot 121. I plan to set up early Friday morning.

Plowboy 05-07-2007 10:32 AM

RV Park Map

http://www.basswoodresort.com/site_map.html


Where is the turn in?

Anyone doing people's choice on Sat? I will only if I have time and space. I have an extra brisket here to cook, so that's not a problem.

smknwhlswife 05-07-2007 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plowboy (Post 390780)
RV Park Map

http://www.basswoodresort.com/site_map.html


Where is the turn in?

Anyone doing people's choice on Sat? I will only if I have time and space. I have an extra brisket here to cook, so that's not a problem.

Turn in is at the Meeting Hall next to the Bath House. You have such a long haul.:evil: :mrgreen:

Don't know if we will be doing people's choice or not.

Jeff_in_KC 05-07-2007 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plowboy (Post 390775)
Forecast now calls for 30-40% chance of thunderstorms. I'm sure it will change again before the week is out.

We are spot 121. I plan to set up early Friday morning.

I'm so sick of rain I could just chit! Todd, didn't know you guys were cooking this! I had my wife drop a check in the mail to ya today for the Blues Hog I still owed ya for! :oops: We'll be there Friday morning as well. I'm thinking around 9 or 9:30 if everything goes well.

By the way... Bill Bruner (forgot his wood company name) is going to be up there sometime Friday if anyone needs wood. Right now, he has cherry, oak and hickory. Pretty reasonable also. Don't know all his prices on sticks but chunks, he sells a large feed bag full (to the top... not closed) for $10 each. A large grocery brown bag full is $6. If anyone needs an order, his number is (816) 674-4119.

EDIT: Todd, well, I just went up and told my wife you'll be at Platte City... she tells me she didn't get a chance to get to the post office this afternoon. :roll: Soooo.... see ya Friday with your check! :icon_shy

Jeff_in_KC 05-08-2007 04:34 PM

Looks like rain is totally out of the forecast for Friday/Saturday! sunny and upper 70's to low 80's! :-D

Plowboy 05-08-2007 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smknwhlswife (Post 390905)
Turn in is at the Meeting Hall next to the Bath House. You have such a long haul.:evil: :mrgreen:

Don't know if we will be doing people's choice or not.

Hope I don't trip crossing the street. :biggrin:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff_in_KC (Post 391529)
Looks like rain is totally out of the forecast for Friday/Saturday! sunny and upper 70's to low 80's! :-D

SWEET!!! But, it will probably change again. :icon_sleepy

Jeff_in_KC 05-10-2007 10:46 PM

Locked and loaded and pulling out of here around 8am in the morning. There are a few scattered thunderstorms around but nothing organized and isn't supposed to mess with the weekend! See y'all up there!

Plowboy 05-10-2007 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff_in_KC (Post 392784)
Locked and loaded and pulling out of here around 8am in the morning. There are a few scattered thunderstorms around but nothing organized and isn't supposed to mess with the weekend! See y'all up there!

I'm hoping to get out by 9am. Got my meat trimmed and the camper loaded. Hy-Vee is cutting me fresh thighs in the morning before 8am. Chickens just killed Wednesday.

I have got some KILLER spares from Tom's Meat Market. Never have I had a three pack with three awesome ribs and no shiners.

Briskets look killer. One is about perfect. And I got to pick my butts out of a case from Tom's. Cooking 8# butts that are almost the same size.

I may not cook worth a chit, but I'm going to start out with some killer product. I'll only have the cook to blame come Saturday afternoon.

Andy - I got your parsley. Wash, wrapped, and ready to deliver. There must have been 50 bundles in that case. I only washed half of it and that's enough for about 3 teams.

Jeff_in_KC 05-11-2007 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plowboy (Post 392813)
I'm hoping to get out by 9am. Got my meat trimmed and the camper loaded. Hy-Vee is cutting me fresh thighs in the morning before 8am. Chickens just killed Wednesday.

I have got some KILLER spares from Tom's Meat Market. Never have I had a three pack with three awesome ribs and no shiners.

Briskets look killer. One is about perfect. And I got to pick my butts out of a case from Tom's. Cooking 8# butts that are almost the same size.

I may not cook worth a chit, but I'm going to start out with some killer product. I'll only have the cook to blame come Saturday afternoon.

Andy - I got your parsley. Wash, wrapped, and ready to deliver. There must have been 50 bundles in that case. I only washed half of it and that's enough for about 3 teams.


Parsley?? You got good parsley??? :shock: Where?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:55 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise v2.6.0 Beta 4 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
2003 -2012 BBQ-Brethren Inc. All rights reserved. All Content and Flaming Pig Logo are registered and protected under U.S and International Copyright and Trademarks. Content Within this Website Is Property of BBQ Brethren Inc. Reproduction or alteration is strictly prohibited.