The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Competition BBQ (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   What state has the best competetion teams? (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26722)

HeSmellsLikeSmoke 05-02-2007 02:05 PM

What state has the best competetion teams?

Not to restart the civil war, but do teams from any one state stand out in KCBS competitions on a year in and year out basis?

This may be too simplistic a question considering that KCBS competitions are held throughout the United States.

thillin 05-02-2007 02:24 PM

No comps in TX.

HeSmellsLikeSmoke 05-02-2007 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thillin (Post 388786)
No comps in TX.

Ya know, I didn't realize that. I see they have a Cooking Class in Denton, and comps in New Mexico, Oklahoma and Arkansas. Wonder why no competitions in Texas?

Well, OK then -- not THROUGHOUT the US. :mrgreen:

Roo-B-Q'N 05-02-2007 03:18 PM

What state has the best competetion teams?

Confusion

SP 05-02-2007 03:22 PM

Top 3 teams last year. Oklahoma, Illinois and Florida.

GridironGriller 05-02-2007 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roo-B-Q'N (Post 388809)
What state has the best competition teams?

Confusion

We generally compete in the state of inebriation.

Flavor Dave 05-02-2007 03:24 PM

With a question like that how can it not start a civil war?!?! TEXAS has to be at the top of this list. Ya'll go ahead and tell the man who's 2nd and 3rd..........

The Anchorman 05-02-2007 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flavor Dave (Post 388814)
With a question like that how can it not start a civil war?!?! TEXAS has to be at the top of this list. Ya'll go ahead and tell the man who's 2nd and 3rd..........

From Texas to... "Rhode Island the biggest littlest state in the union!"

Well I couldn't resist, Ray

spicewine 05-02-2007 05:14 PM

I don't know what the answer is but I do know that there are alot of MOFO teams that do battle on a regular basis and it is always a tough row to hoe!!

Not to be confused with a knappy Headed Hoe.:wink:

homebbq 05-02-2007 05:42 PM

There are some very tough Florida teams, that like to get out and prove that once in awhile.....

JohnMcD348 05-02-2007 05:50 PM

Well, is there a way to look up the past years team results and see who scored in say the top 10 spots over the last few years? That should pretty much settle whos who and even show any patterns that may be there. I'm sure there's got to be some Brethren out there who can do Statistical Analysis.

HeSmellsLikeSmoke 05-02-2007 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnMcD348 (Post 388853)
Well, is there a way to look up the past years team results and see who scored in say the top 10 spots over the last few years? That should pretty much settle whos who and even show any patterns that may be there. I'm sure there's got to be some Brethren out there who can do Statistical Analysis.

I tried looking up past results from the American Royal, but they only listed the team names where I looked -- I had no idea where they are from.

homebbq 05-02-2007 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnMcD348 (Post 388853)

In KCBS alone will rule out alot of great teams from Texas, and Florida... Just not alot of KCBS, especially triple point events without doing some heavy traveling..

habenero 05-02-2007 05:57 PM

Oklahoma # 1

It is hard to be humble when you are a comp cook from Oklahoma! Just teasing guys, lighten up, Oklahoma did sweep the KCBS in 2006.
habenero

Solidkick 05-02-2007 06:14 PM

I have to say in my opinion, three states....Missouri/Kansas and Florida. Though we present the final product a little differently, I think that some of the best overall que comes from these areas. Those FBA boys/gals are pretty darn tough, just like us MoFo/KanFo boys/gals are.....

Illinois isn't far behind with Ulcer Acres and Quau just to name a few....