The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Brethren Bashes (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   2017 Saturday Oct 7 SoCal Fall Bash North Hills/Van Nuys Airport Adjacent: Head Count & Food Planning! (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=251550)

Moose 09-08-2017 03:31 PM

2017 Saturday Oct 7 SoCal Fall Bash North Hills/Van Nuys Airport Adjacent: Head Count & Food Planning!
 
OK, folks, it's time to get this bash organized! We will be doing the bash at my friend Major's place. Here's some pics of a previous bash so the newer folks can see what the location is like:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...&postcount=151

Please note that due to liability issues (private property, pool, etc) this is an adults only gathering, although you are welcome to bring family and friends if you think they can put up with us. Also, there is a swimming pool available, so if it's warm, bring swimwear and take a dip.

Please reply if you're coming! I know some folks are coming in from out of town, and there is absolutely no obligation to bring or cook food.

Our biggest challenge is the lack of cookers at this location. All we have there is an open firepit and one weber kettle, so some of us will need to bring cookers.

In terms of food, The Missus is planning on bringing a big pot of pinto beans, and we'll be making Roadside Chicken on the firepit. This year, I'd love it if Sako would make some pizza, and if so, I'll bring my Blackstone Oven. :biggrin1:

As this thread progresses, I'll periodically tally who's showing up and bringing and cooking what so we don't have too much overlap and food waste.

OK, who's next?

gtr 09-08-2017 05:32 PM

I can bring a variety of cookers. I could bring the Ranch Kettle, but that would probably keep me from bringing a lot of other stuff 'cause of the space it takes up in my vehicle. Maybe a WSM and a kettle?

I can bring a couple tables & I have a bunch of napkins/plates/plastic forks & knives to bring.

I'll be bringing a TX Brethren as well. :cool:

As to food - I've been thinking picanha. In the interest of keeping it simple and since we always have waaayyyy too much stuff I'll stick with just that - but if we need dessert, there's always lemon icebox pie and/or pecan pie.

Moose 09-08-2017 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gtr (Post 3867781)
I can bring a variety of cookers. I could bring the Ranch Kettle, but that would probably keep me from bringing a lot of other stuff 'cause of the space it takes up in my vehicle. Maybe a WSM and a kettle?

I can bring a couple tables & I have a bunch of napkins/plates/plastic forks & knives to bring.

I'll be bringing a TX Brethren as well. :cool:

As to food - I've been thinking picanha. In the interest of keeping it simple and since we always have waaayyyy too much stuff I'll stick with just that - but if we need dessert, there's always lemon icebox pie and/or pecan pie.

Yes on the picanha, dessert, tables and supplies, let's see on the cookers as it's early still. As always, thanks for jumping in and helping, Greg! I know this is going to be a great one this year! :thumb:

frognot 09-08-2017 10:28 PM

Looks like a wonderful place for a bash. Thanks to Major for hosting this.

I'm gonna bring a couple of bourbon and chocolate chip pecan pies (aka Derby pies) and some sausage from Texas.

Moose 09-08-2017 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frognot (Post 3867939)
Looks like a wonderful place for a bash. Thanks to Major for hosting this.

I'm gonna bring a couple of bourbon and chocolate chip pecan pies (aka Derby pies) and some sausage from Texas.

Looks like gtr is off the hook for dessert! :caked:

Maybe someone can bring a PBC for those sausages...we also should have room on the open pit if need be. I'm thinking we'll bring 3 cut up yardbirds for the Roadside Chicken. That's 36 pieces total.

SoCalWJS 09-09-2017 06:48 PM

Still planning for Anne & I to be there. Easy enough to throw a Weber Jumbo Joe in. Not sure what I plan on bringing to cook. I will be bringing an Adult beverage or 2 and that will include some Cabo.

tonyjohnson619 09-11-2017 11:47 AM

Me and the wife will be there.. i can bring a pbc if need be.

SmokinJohn 09-11-2017 11:49 AM

Jennifer and I will be there, with mac and cheese. Pizza, you say? Ohhhh yes!

Moose 09-11-2017 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmokinJohn (Post 3869090)
Jennifer and I will be there, with mac and cheese. Pizza, you say? Ohhhh yes!

Looking FW to seeing you two!

It would not be a bash without that absolutely stellar Mac 'n Cheese! Still working on trying to get Sako to make pizza...:rolleyes:

campdude 09-11-2017 02:12 PM

I'm planning on being there. Need to get a little closer to the date. Since we never seem to have enough food, I'll bring something, just not sure what yet.

Evil-g 09-11-2017 05:27 PM

I'm attending and thanks to Major. I'll grab some ribs from Costco and something from BevMo.

ssv3 09-12-2017 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moose (Post 3869113)
Looking FW to seeing you two!

It would not be a bash without that absolutely stellar Mac 'n Cheese! Still working on trying to get Sako to make pizza...:rolleyes:

Pizza or pork belly in the PBC? :razz: Obviously I'll bring the PBC.


https://i.imgur.com/x6hGzImh.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/llDMD7vh.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/kWdw9JTh.jpg

Moose 09-12-2017 12:39 AM

I'll make it easy for 'ya. I'll bring the BS Pizza oven, you make the pizza. Heck, I'll even help! Nothing fancy, just a couple of NY cheese pies will do that we can serve up into thin slices for mini appetizers while all the other stuff cooks. Deal?

:biggrin1:


Quote:

Originally Posted by ssv3 (Post 3869468)
Pizza or pork belly in the PBC? :razz: Obviously I'll bring the PBC.


https://i.imgur.com/x6hGzImh.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/llDMD7vh.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/kWdw9JTh.jpg


ssv3 09-12-2017 12:28 PM

Works for me. Pizza it is. :mrgreen:

https://media.giphy.com/media/OZMZGSaPFhs5O/giphy.gif

Moose 09-12-2017 12:34 PM

:clap2: :whoo:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssv3 (Post 3869637)
Works for me. Pizza it is. :mrgreen:

https://media.giphy.com/media/OZMZGSaPFhs5O/giphy.gif



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:01 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
2003 -2012 BBQ-Brethren Inc. All rights reserved. All Content and Flaming Pig Logo are registered and protected under U.S and International Copyright and Trademarks. Content Within this Website Is Property of BBQ Brethren Inc. Reproduction or alteration is strictly prohibited.