The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Competition BBQ (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   I Smell Smoke Competition Class 4/14/07 (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24541)

YankeeBBQ 02-22-2007 10:20 AM

I Smell Smoke Competition Class 4/14/07

I Smell Smoke will be teaching an advanced competition bbq class on April 14th, 2007 at the American Legion post 77 in Ashland, MA. This is the real deal folks. We will show you how we prepare Chicken, Ribs, Pork and Brisket for KCBS competitions. The class is intended for people with at least some competition experience. Class size will be limited so sign up early. The application can be downloaded from www.ismellsmoke.com

Jorge 02-22-2007 01:24 PM

Steve, what time do you plan to start and what time do you expect to end? I need to look at flights in and out of Logan to determine if I can make this work.

YankeeBBQ 02-22-2007 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jorge
Steve, what time do you plan to start and what time do you expect to end? I need to look at flights in and out of Logan to determine if I can make this work.

8:00 am to 4:00 or 5:00pm It's a one day thing. Demo style. Lunch will be served probably ribs and chicken with some sides and there will be sampling of brisket and Pork at the end of the class.

CTSmokehouse 02-22-2007 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YankeeBBQ
I Smell Smoke will be teaching an advanced competition bbq class on April 14th, 2007 at the American Legion post 77 in Ashland, MA. This is the real deal folks. We will show you how we prepare Chicken, Ribs, Pork and Brisket for KCBS competitions. The class is intended for people with at least some competition experience. Class size will be limited so sign up early. The application can be downloaded from www.ismellsmoke.com

Sounds great. Hope to attend.

Yours in BBQ,

Cliff

drbbq 02-22-2007 09:03 PM

Quote:

Hey!
You stole my disclaimer!

YankeeBBQ 02-22-2007 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drbbq
Hey!
You stole my disclaimer!

Sue Me :mrgreen:

drbbq 02-23-2007 07:24 AM

Just email me the chicken recipe and we'll call it even. I'd attend the class but I'm booked that weekend so it only seems fair.

YankeeBBQ 02-23-2007 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drbbq
Just email me the chicken recipe and we'll call it even. I'd attend the class but I'm booked that weekend so it only seems fair.

That sauce advice I gave you ought to count for something. I'll consider us even. thanks

YankeeBBQ 02-27-2007 08:00 AM

Quote:

Survey says ?

Jorge 02-27-2007 08:41 AM

Quote:

Survey says ?

Survey says that Jorge is up to his ass in alligators:eek: I'll know one way or the other this afternoon.

YankeeBBQ 02-27-2007 08:47 AM

Quote:

Survey says that Jorge is up to his ass in alligators:eek: I'll know one way or the other this afternoon.

Alligators eh ? Man good luck with that :eusa_clap

Jorge 03-02-2007 11:01 AM

I'm in. I finally have everything worked out and travel booked. Check for the class goes in the mail tomorrow since the mailman has already been here today.

The success that Steve and I Smell Smoke have had speaks for itself. Their success last year wasn't a fluke, and the 4th Overall at the Royal wasn't either. This is a bargain.

Sledneck 03-02-2007 09:37 PM

Does the cost include the meat?

Sledneck 03-02-2007 09:40 PM

I am attending the good doctors class 2 weeks before this then helpiong some turtles the following weekend in salisbury, this might be hard to swing, how far is that from New Yawk?

pigmaker23 03-02-2007 10:45 PM

Steve, its about 2 1/2 Hours from New Rochelle, which is 45 minutes from you on Long Island, I am thinking of going, if I go, youcould catch a ride with me....