The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Catering, Food Handling and Awareness (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   New home fridge and freezer temps (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20668)

bbqbull 09-26-2006 08:49 PM

New home fridge and freezer temps

Hey Farks, got a new fridge/freezer this afternoon. Im wondering what your thoughts are on the temp for the fridge and the freezer? Book doesnt really say. Thank god its printed in 3 different languages though.

Any thoughts?

Mike:idea:

bbqjoe 09-26-2006 08:51 PM

Well you don't want the fridge above 40* and certainly not below 32*
Go from there.

bbqbull 09-26-2006 08:54 PM

Right Joe, thanks for the fast comeback. What is the optimum temps you would use in your home unit? Also what you run the freezer at? I realize it will take the unit to stabilize until tomorrow but unsure of the freezer temp.

slat 09-26-2006 09:26 PM

My fridge is at 34-36 degrees my freezer is at 0-10 degrees.

qman 09-26-2006 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbqbull
Right Joe, thanks for the fast comeback. What is the optimum temps you would use in your home unit? Also what you run the freezer at? I realize it will take the unit to stabilize until tomorrow but unsure of the freezer temp.

Can you contol the freezer and fridge temps seperatly? For me, I run my fridge as cold as possible without freezing-bottom shelve is 34 degrees, top is 37. I will run my freezer as cold as possible, in my case with the Kitchenaid, it is about -10 degrees.
I run my deep freeze as cold as possible too. My new freezer is at -35 tonight.

BTW, with my fridge running at 34 degrees on bottom shelve, the meat locker is at 30 degrees.

BBQchef33 09-26-2006 09:32 PM

our new fridge has digital settings. I keep the fridge @ 36 and the freezer at -8. Thats the default settings on the front panel.

Rockaway BeachBQ 09-27-2006 01:38 AM

be careful running it to cold and to full. i have frozen eggs in the box several times and some other items on the back of the shelves.

Jorge 09-27-2006 08:50 AM

If I stay below 40 in the kitchen fridge I'm happy, so I don't have to worry about getting greens too cold or freezing eggs as someone mentioned.

The beer fridge, and where I usually start thawing meat a week or more in advance is between 33-35 if left unopened for a while.

bbqbull 09-27-2006 11:06 AM

Thanks for the responses brothers. Thats how we ill keep it.

Mike