questions about wGrill upgrade
1.Do you prefer AC/DC adapter or battery
2.If battery, do you want built-in battery, or attach a battery via mini-USB plug.
You can buy battery from eBay, very cheaper
3.What color do you prefer
4.How many probes do you want, 1, 2,3,4,5. extra cost of each probe $10.
5.Do you want waterproof probe but maximum temp. of 390F, or do you want high temp. probe of 850F but not waterproof
6.or what is your suggestion
1. I like to use a battery.
2. I like the way it is now, though you could maybe use micro USB instead. Then I would be able to use a phone charger as an AC/DC adapter if I want to.
3. Color is not so important, black is O.K.
4. The two probes as it is now is fine.
5. I think the waterproof probes should be standard, with the option to order the high temperature probes, either instead of or in addition to the waterproof probes.
6. I think the interface needs more work. I would definitely like to see an option for two large dials, a way to tell at a glance if you are still connected, and the ability to set an alarm so that if I'm using it to monitor an overnight cook, and something goes wrong, I might hear the alarm and wake up.
2. I would prefer built in but usb isnt terrible
3. Color is not a big deal for me
4. 2 is enough. The iGrill 2 is going to come with 2 I believe but with ports for 4.
5. No real preference. I guess I'd lean towards waterproof.
6. I have just received my wGrill and havent been able to test it out yet. I am impressed with the quality of the build and the probes. I don't anticipate any challenge setting it up on my network. I guess my suggestion would be for a simple ios/android mobile app to monitor temps and alarm me when something gets too hot or cold.
I just purchased one of these. A quick question....how does the alarm function work over browser preview? Is alarm on available on the base device or can it send signal to the web client?
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:47 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
2003 -2012 © BBQ-Brethren Inc. All rights reserved. All Content and Flaming Pig Logo are registered and protected under U.S and International Copyright and Trademarks. Content Within this Website Is Property of BBQ Brethren Inc. Reproduction or alteration is strictly prohibited.