The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Pitmaker Customer Service (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=182707)

bshell7 02-28-2014 05:23 PM

Pitmaker Customer Service

1 Attachment(s)
So as you guys may have seen I posted pics on here of my new Sniper Magnum.

As pointed out you can see no intake vent in the pic...well they put it on the backside of the cooker. For the life of me I can't figure out why...Pete from PM said it was to improve the draft vs. in the door. That doesn't seem right either but even if that is so why not at least put it on the FRONT side of the smoker and not the back.

PM knew this was going to be mounted in a BBQ trailer so not sure how they thought I was going to climb over it to adjust the damper. I offered the solution of sending me a new door with damper built in. At my expense I would remove the old door, take it to a fab shop and have the new one welded on. This cooker is about 1000lbs and that is no small task. If I didn't have trucks at work to do this I wouldn't be able to move it. I even offered to send the door on it back to them. That was on Monday. No returned call. Several unanswered emails.

Has anyone else had poor service from them? The craftsmanship is great but the guy running the welder is not the guy answering the phone and dealing with the customers...

Was told today by a different guy they are all at some big Rodeo BBQ contest with no cell service and no internet..uh this is 2014 bro...I'm not believing that one. When I asked how long it would take to get me a door I was told 2 weeks!! So I'm going to be almost a month out from the time it shipped to me.

Pete is supposed to call me Monday. I emailed he and Victor twice twice this week. I hate being a dxxk but you can see what I paid for this thing and I expected a little better service than what I'm getting. Just a heads up. I will post the resolution as it happens.

The only upside is it really does cook great. I've done a couple fatty's and two racks of ribs after work. Going to cook a Brisket this weekend.

Bludawg 02-28-2014 05:53 PM

I have never heard anything bad about the CS other than getting a call returned when they are short staffed. I don't have Cell service at my house I have to drive 5 miles to hit the Tower so... If you're mounting it in a trailer why not add an extension handle to the intake seems like that could possibly solve the problem. Were they aware of it's final resting place before you ordered it? Did you show them the trailer layout and where the pit was to be located? That should have sent off a few bells or did you just assume it was located on the door? That do make a difference.

palmtreefrb 02-28-2014 06:09 PM

An unhappy customer should be priority ONE.
Why they have not at least responded to your concern with an acknowledgement of receipt is poor customer service.
Social media can be beneficial or damaging. Your issue will now live forever in cyberspace.

DownHomeQue 02-28-2014 06:09 PM

nice grill.. and that is unfortunate.. have heard good things about PitMaker

Ron_L 02-28-2014 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bshell7 (Post 2822455)
Was told today by a different guy they are all at some big Rodeo BBQ contest with no cell service and no internet..uh this is 2014 bro...I'm not believing that one.

http://rodeohouston.com/Events/World...ipBarBQue.aspx

Bigmista 02-28-2014 06:20 PM

I can tell you that they are the Houston Livestock and Rodeo this week and there probably isn't anyone at the shop. They do a huge production there and usually win best booth.

They really are great folks. Give them till Monday and try again.

Bigmista 02-28-2014 06:24 PM

Check this out to get a small idea of what they are doing this weekend.

http://youtu.be/Z9m5W2rfz_A

Pitmaster T 02-28-2014 07:31 PM

I am too afraid to speak.. but maybe you should wait a bit.

:-)

Pitmaster T 02-28-2014 07:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Oh no...sorry... this is a much better way to tell you this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigmista (Post 2822571)
I can tell you that they are the Houston Livestock and Rodeo this week and there probably isn't anyone at the shop. They do a huge production there and usually win best booth.

They really are great folks. Give them till Monday and try again.

Here is Victor's big day

Attachment 92100
The Pitmaker Vendor Tent Going on as we speak!

padge31 02-28-2014 08:39 PM

Hey he has a legit beef. I agree that he should wait till Monday and see what happens. To some of us spending that much money on a smoker is a once in a lifetime deal and to wait all that time can be heart breaking when it shows up not how you wanted it. I went to there web site and the pics show the damper in the door. He is just frustrated and I get that. Lets not bully up on him yet. I am sure when they do get back to him, he will update what has happened. Until then let this ride out.

MilitantSquatter 02-28-2014 08:50 PM

Taking away the slow response time... the issue seems legit. Pretty crappy if the web is showing pics of vent on firebox door and they made design change and didn't update the pics.

As far as response times.. I get they are at a big show, but someone should have a cell phone and be able to deal with a customer issue for spending that kind of $.

Now, if there were hot girls in yoga pants under that party tent with poledancers, then Donnie is absolutely correct, and I can completely understand why a response might not be available until Monday...

tb80 02-28-2014 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by padge31 (Post 2822708)
Hey he has a legit beef. I agree that he should wait till Monday and see what happens. To some of us spending that much money on a smoker is a once in a lifetime deal and to wait all that time can be heart breaking when it shows up not how you wanted it. I went to there web site and the pics show the damper in the door. He is just frustrated and I get that. Lets not bully up on him yet. I am sure when they do get back to him, he will update what has happened. Until then let this ride out.

x2. You were a little harsh on him. In today's day and time, immediate customer service is expected. Whether that is reasonable or not is up to the individual.

padge31 02-28-2014 09:07 PM

Bully

16Adams 02-28-2014 09:08 PM

I smell lavender

Pitmaster T 02-28-2014 09:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 16Adams (Post 2822755)
I smell lavender

As you wish... lavender yoga pants for Vinny