The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Stuffed Hamburgers: Innovation or Abomination? (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=181836)

jpalaska 02-17-2014 06:51 AM

Stuffed Hamburgers: Innovation or Abomination?

It seems that stuffed hamburgers are becoming America's new food darling. There's no doubt that melted cheese improves so many plain foods. But is stuffing cheeses and other things inside hamburgers good cooking or fad foolishness?

16Adams 02-17-2014 07:02 AM

Not a fad on my patio. Juicy Lucy's for life here.

bbqgeekess 02-17-2014 07:05 AM

Hrm, I like the smoke/fat vapor flavor absorbed by the cheese when you throw it on the burger on the covered grill -- can't help but think the cheese stuffed in the center of the burger would get any of that smoke flavor. I'll have to try it some time though.

keale 02-17-2014 07:20 AM

I want to say INNOVATION! ! /
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...ght=abt+burger

16Adams 02-17-2014 07:21 AM

Usually stuffed with green chile and pepper jack, then topped with cheddar or provolone and jalapeños. If I could figure out how to "top the bottom"- I would.

bbqgeekess 02-17-2014 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keale (Post 2807227)

Oh my stuffed ABT burger.... :clap: DROOL

bbqgeekess 02-17-2014 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 16Adams (Post 2807229)
Usually stuffed with green chile and pepper jack, then topped with cheddar or provolone and jalapeños. If I could figure out how to "top the bottom"- I would.

Ok that sounds good.. stuffed but with cheese on top as well!

peeps 02-17-2014 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 16Adams (Post 2807229)

Heaven! Absolute. Burger. Heaven! :thumb:

Untraceable 02-17-2014 07:34 AM

I lean towards over rated. just down the road from one of the legendary Jucy Lucy places. I prefer the patty melts.

IMO, the biggest downfall is having to cook the internal temps so high. end up with dry patties artificially moisturized by the cheese. Maybe this place just puts too much focus on the cheese stuffed burger and forgets that a great bun and toppings can really take a burger to the next level

Phubar 02-17-2014 07:41 AM

I'd say innovation but not that special...I'd prefer a good old Phashion burger over a Juicy Lucy.

16Adams 02-17-2014 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Untraceable (Post 2807250)
I lean towards over rated. just down the road from one of the legendary Jucy Lucy places. I prefer the patty melts.

IMO, the biggest downfall is having to cook the internal temps so high. end up with dry patties artificially moisturized by the cheese. Maybe this place just puts too much focus on the cheese stuffed burger and forgets that a great bun and toppings can really take a burger to the next level

At home it's the "reverse sear" stuffed juicy. Plenty of time at home to get everything to correct temp. On the road burger, no sauce of any type with xtra veggies. At some restaurants you can hamburger steak where cheese-onion and green chile are added to the meat. Lots of ways to get there. For me the one mandatory requirement for a great burger is green chile.

BBQinMI 02-17-2014 07:54 AM

For me I am a fan because it makes the burger eating process much cleaner and easier

if the mushrooms and onions are inside the burger then i don't have to worry about them sliding off the bun and making a mess.

sliding_billy 02-17-2014 08:31 AM

I am OK stuffed or not, but I prefer my cheese melted on the burger instead of inside.

Georgiaboy98 02-17-2014 09:22 AM

Stuffed with bacon and Bleu is amazing!

Ron_L 02-17-2014 09:30 AM

The concept of a stuffed burger has been around for a long time, but like other things, it has become a recent fad. The fad will fade, but the Juicy Lucy shall live on :-D