-   Catering, Food Handling and Awareness (
-   -   I'm adding ABC Service (

HBMTN 01-25-2014 10:37 PM

I'm adding ABC Service
After doing a lot of research and thinking about it I have decided to add the ABC Service to our catering business. The additional insurance will run me $500 per year and in my state they offer a "Caterers Limited Mixed Beverage" License for $500 which allows me to do up to 12 events a year. I can get the unlimited license for $1850 if all goes well. It just so happens that one of my staff is already a certified bartender and I have another friend who is as well.

I mainly want it for weddings, it seems we are getting a lot more calls these days for weddings but have been loosing the gigs because they want a caterer who can do the ABC. Also many venues will not let the people bring alcohol on the premises without a abc licensed caterer. I have already booked my first wedding with the service which is a 4 hour open beer & wine bar and it raised my gross profit of the event by 40-45% I'll keep ya posted on the good and the bad of it all this year. Wish me luck....

landarc 01-25-2014 10:56 PM

That is the way to go, adult beverage is a great thing to be able to offer. Especially in the wedding/anniversary market.

JazzyBadger 01-26-2014 01:55 AM

Seems legit to me.

Bbq Bubba 01-26-2014 08:18 AM

Beer and liquor is where the money is!

landarc 01-26-2014 02:35 PM


Originally Posted by Bbq Bubba (Post 2779903)
Beer and liquor is where the money is!

Said the man who holds beer maker dinners

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:17 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
2003 -2012 BBQ-Brethren Inc. All rights reserved. All Content and Flaming Pig Logo are registered and protected under U.S and International Copyright and Trademarks. Content Within this Website Is Property of BBQ Brethren Inc. Reproduction or alteration is strictly prohibited.