The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Problems with Maverick ET 733 (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=177501)

sportsnut 12-17-2013 04:30 PM

Problems with Maverick ET 733

Today is the third time that I have used the 733 and each time when starting it up the batteries have been dead in the remote transmitter. Each occasion it was with new batteries out of the pack. I have double checked on the 2nd and 3rd time that both units were turned off when finished.
Anyone else having this problem?

TIA,
Ron

peeps 12-17-2013 04:37 PM

I have a 732 and I am on my first set from about a year to 1.5 years ago with probably 20-30 cooks logged and I have been known to leave them on overnight or for several hours after a cook is finished.

sportsnut 12-17-2013 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peeps (Post 2733338)
I have a 732 and I am on my first set from about a year to 1.5 years ago with probably 20-30 cooks logged and I have been known to leave them on overnight or for several hours after a cook is finished.

Damn I was afriad of that.:sick:

sliding_billy 12-17-2013 04:44 PM

Sounds like a short in the battery connection or something. I'd get a replacement unit if possible.

ButtBurner 12-17-2013 04:45 PM

just contact them

they have very good customer service

Doug S. 12-17-2013 04:53 PM

Hate to admit it but I've left mine on for "days" and never had a problem, seems the batteries last forever, I'd give them a call they have great customer service

sportsnut 12-17-2013 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ButtBurner (Post 2733352)
just contact them

they have very good customer service

Yeah copy that. I'm not bashing as I haven't even tried contacting them yet.

yo 12-17-2013 05:33 PM

The batteries were dead on my 733 on the second use in a week. I wrote it off to the cheap batteries that came with it. Replacement batteries have been fine thru 3 more cooks.

ssv3 12-17-2013 05:46 PM

On the original cheapo batteries on mine as well for over a year. No issues. Call or email their CS. They're great.

okiej 12-17-2013 08:49 PM

No battery issue here either. I forgot how many cooks I've done but well into double digits and usually 10+ hours each time. I keep expecting them to be dead and they keep going. You definitely have an issue with that unit. Good luck

John Bowen 12-18-2013 03:31 PM

I have been a year and a half of heavy use on the original batteries - in fact the food probe just went bad and I still have yet to change the batteries.

sportsnut 12-22-2013 05:03 PM

Well after using the 733 four times I have had the same result. After sitting for two days the batteries in the remote transmitter are dead. Looks like I lucked out and got a bad unit. Customer service is closed today so I left a voice mail and sent them an email.

retired trucker 12-22-2013 05:18 PM

Are you having any trouble with them "talking" to each other? If they do not see the transmitted signal they will continue to search for a signal, and will use more battery power doing that. Just an idea as to why they are killing the bats. Of course, it could just be a bad unit. Good luck on getting it straightened out, as you will love them when they work right. I would feel lost without mine.

Blessings,

Omar

sportsnut 12-22-2013 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retired trucker (Post 2738960)
Are you having any trouble with them "talking" to each other? If they do not see the transmitted signal they will continue to search for a signal, and will use more battery power doing that. Just an idea as to why they are killing the bats. Of course, it could just be a bad unit. Good luck on getting it straightened out, as you will love them when they work right. I would feel lost without mine.

Blessings,

Omar

No problem getting them to sync. Pretty sure it's just a bad unit.

sportsnut 12-23-2013 03:06 PM

I got a hold of customer service today and have to ship the unit back on my dime. I know it's only like $10 to ship it back, but it kinda leaves a sour taste in my mouth being that the unit is brand new and I've had it for less than a month.

Oh well I'll keep throwing batteries in it and ship it back after the holiday cook's are complete.