The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Competition BBQ (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Grill Kings Contest (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17556)

ique 05-04-2006 09:26 AM

Grill Kings Contest
 
I'm interested in cooking this contest but the website doesnt have entry forms up yet. Anyone have the details? Is this still on, when will sign-ups begin?...


Thanks


Chris

BrooklynQ 05-04-2006 09:28 AM

It's on - at Belmont Raceway weekend of July 16th. Don't know when the sign up sheets will post.

Cue's Your Daddy 05-04-2006 10:40 AM

was told beginning of May, so should be shortly. Racing will also be at Belmont so should make for a great turn out with people walking through.

BrooklynQ 05-04-2006 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cue's Your Daddy
was told beginning of May, so should be shortly. Racing will also be at Belmont so should make for a great turn out with people walking through.

Just what we need. More people looking for free food! Last year I had an old lady grabbing the chicken I was putting in the presentation boxes.

backyardchef 05-04-2006 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrooklynQ
Last year I had an old lady grabbing the chicken I was putting in the presentation boxes.

Is that any way to talk about Phil? :biggrin:

Cue's Your Daddy 05-04-2006 01:36 PM

Sorry my mom offended you. Just kidding. It was pretty bad, but i think there are going to be vendors there, so it should hopefully stop some of that.

Rockaway BeachBQ 05-04-2006 01:44 PM

they said the applications would be up "in a few days" at the judging class. So that would be now. I wish they would just post the categories and turn in times so I could try and start to figure out a game plan. This will probably be my first and only contest this year, unless I can convince the wife to buy a new car sooner than later.

rbsnwngs 05-04-2006 02:03 PM

there wil be vending at this years event so they are encourging us not to give away samples.
They already have 2 venders and are looking for 2-3 more if anyone has interest. the date is july 15-16 you can call dean and get more information if needed .

BBQchef33 05-04-2006 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockaway BeachBQ
they said the applications would be up "in a few days" at the judging class. So that would be now. I wish they would just post the categories and turn in times so I could try and start to figure out a game plan. This will probably be my first and only contest this year, unless I can convince the wife to buy a new car sooner than later.

???

If you go by RbsnWngs, all catagories and all turnins are at 1:30.


But at grillkings, Its KCBS rules.

Chicken 12:00
ribs 12:30
Pork 1:00
Brisket 1:30

BBQPETE 05-04-2006 02:46 PM

Can`t wait for the contest,is anybody going out of state for any contest

Sledneck 05-04-2006 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cue's Your Daddy
Sorry my mom offended you. Just kidding. It was pretty bad, but i think there are going to be vendors there, so it should hopefully stop some of that.

Stop some of that? People want FREEBIES anywhere you go. Since alot of the people will be there to bet on horses i will produce 3 styrofoam boxes with bones in two of them ribs in the other, shuffle them and let them pick for $10 A HAND. Degenerate gamblers, how much easier can it get

Rockaway BeachBQ 05-04-2006 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBQchef33
???

If you go by RbsnWngs, all catagories and all turnins are at 1:30.


But at grillkings, Its KCBS rules.

Chicken 12:00
ribs 12:30
Pork 1:00
Brisket 1:30


I was figuring that we would get a few extra categories as well. I also wanted to see how feasible it would be to do both grilling and Q'ing.

BrooklynQ 05-04-2006 03:23 PM

Rocakaway - usually the grilling contest is held the day before the bbq turn-in.

BBQchef33 05-04-2006 03:44 PM

yup, GK will be having a grilling contest on the first day. Grill kings will supply all grillers a case of Surefire Charcoal(their own product), and you have to cook on that. Grilling entries are:

bbq sauce 1:00
wings 1:30
pork chop 2:00



For RBSnWNGS.. all entries are due in at 2:30. :wink:

drbbq 05-04-2006 04:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I don't think you'd like this cookoff Chris. Weak trophies too.
If I were you I'd go somewhere else.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:21 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise v2.6.0 Beta 4 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
2003 -2012 BBQ-Brethren Inc. All rights reserved. All Content and Flaming Pig Logo are registered and protected under U.S and International Copyright and Trademarks. Content Within this Website Is Property of BBQ Brethren Inc. Reproduction or alteration is strictly prohibited.