The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   stuffed hamburgers (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173768)

jimbonelson 10-23-2013 09:48 AM

stuffed hamburgers
 
need some new ideas on what to stuff them with

Ron_L 10-23-2013 10:01 AM

What have you tried in the past?

Some ideas...

Bacon
Jalapeños
bacon
sautéed onions
bacon
sun dried tomatoes
bacon
sautéed mushrooms
bacon

Jaskew82 10-23-2013 10:14 AM

mozzarella and roasted peppers
various cheeses

Top with fried egg instead of stuff.

WineMaster 10-23-2013 10:24 AM

Mac N Cheese

caseydog 10-23-2013 10:28 AM

Has anyone mentioned bacon?

Any thing that is good ON a burger is likely to be good IN a burger.

CD

BroBBQButcher 10-23-2013 10:28 AM

chorizo, havarti, grilled onions, bbq sauce
anything you would put in a fatty works very well also

John Bowen 10-23-2013 10:29 AM

Mushrooms and onions cooked down in a teriyaki sauce. If you want to get fancy add some pineapple chunks.

Hurricane 10-23-2013 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron_L (Post 2668342)
What have you tried in the past?

Some ideas...

Bacon
Jalapeños
bacon
sautéed onions
bacon
sun dried tomatoes
bacon
sautéed mushrooms
bacon


WHile I agree that bacon is fantastic, I think its best crispy and it gets gummy when its inside of something and not directly exposed to heat. Just my $0.02

PatAttack 10-23-2013 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hurricane (Post 2668371)
WHile I agree that bacon is fantastic, I think its best crispy and it gets gummy when its inside of something and not directly exposed to heat. Just my $0.02

That's why you cook it first (the bacon)...then stuff it in the burger.:wink:

Ron_L 10-23-2013 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatAttack (Post 2668379)
That's why you cook it first (the bacon)...then stuff it in the burger.:wink:

Yep!

Smokeoholic 10-23-2013 10:42 AM

My favorite is, blue cheese with sun dried tomatoes & fresh basil.

code3rrt 10-23-2013 03:30 PM

Pepperoni, motz cheese, sliced tomatoes seasoned with Basil, Oregano, Garlic and a little sugar. omes out tasting like a pizza burger:shock:.

KC

I tried it here:
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=158561

williamj 10-23-2013 03:51 PM

onions and bacon for me please :mrgreen:

noclss2000 10-23-2013 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatAttack (Post 2668379)
That's why you cook it first (the bacon)...then stuff it in the burger.:wink:

This is what I have done. I have put the bacon in the oven to cook, then I actually crumble it and mix it into the hamburger meat. I don't necessarily stuff the burger with it. Don't know if it would give a more uniform texture and taste as compared to a big chunk of bacon...
I have tried stuffing the burger with just cheese though, was "ok."

scp 10-23-2013 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by code3rrt (Post 2668717)
Pepperoni, motz cheese, sliced tomatoes seasoned with Basil, Oregano, Garlic and a little sugar. omes out tasting like a pizza burger:shock:.

KC

I tried it here:
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=158561


That's what I am talking about!!!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:19 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise v2.6.0 Beta 4 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
2003 -2012 © BBQ-Brethren Inc. All rights reserved. All Content and Flaming Pig Logo are registered and protected under U.S and International Copyright and Trademarks. Content Within this Website Is Property of BBQ Brethren Inc. Reproduction or alteration is strictly prohibited.