The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   mac n cheese (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173234)

woo pig bbq 10-15-2013 10:51 AM

mac n cheese
 
Need recipe for mac n cheese, also how to cook.

J-Rod 10-15-2013 11:13 AM

Try search feature at bottom of page. There's bound to be a buncha threads on mac/cheez.

Bludawg 10-15-2013 11:18 AM

Blu's Mac & Cheese



Ingredients

2 cup dried elbow macaroni (4 cups cooked)
1 1/3 cup grated Cheddar (reserve 1 cup)
1/3 cup grated Swiss
1/3 cup grated Jack
1/3 cup grated Colby
2 1/2" of Velveta cut into 1/2 Cubes
1/2 cup sour cream
4 tablespoon butter, cut into pieces
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
3/4 cup milk
1/2cup pasta water
Nonstick spray
*Optional Fillers
Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large pot, bring water to a boil. Season water with salt and cook macaroni until al dente, about 10 minutes. Drain pasta and place in a large bowl. While pasta is still hot, add all cheeses. In a separate medium bowl, using a whisk, combine the sour cream, butter, salt, pepper, milk and pasta water, add to the macaroni mixture. Spray casserole dish with nonstick spray and pour macaroni mixture into the dish. Bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown. Top with reserved 1 cup Cheddar cheese,

** Jalapenos, Ham pieces, Pepperoni, Sausage coins, BACON, Mushrooms.......

16Adams 10-15-2013 11:50 AM

Seriously---it is good
 
Works for me. Need more?? Open more boxes

Grimm5577 10-15-2013 11:54 AM

Blu,
Pasta water = the water you cook the pasta in?

Bludawg 10-15-2013 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grimm5577 (Post 2659169)
Blu,
Pasta water = the water you cook the pasta in?

no it is special water imported from Italy(Tx) just for cooking pasta:rolleyes: :doh: Having a Blonde moment are we?? yes the same water you cooked the pasta in the starches in the water thicken the cheese sauce

woo pig bbq 10-15-2013 02:51 PM

Thanks, will give it a try.

peeps 10-17-2013 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bludawg (Post 2659119)
Blu's Mac & Cheese



Ingredients

2 cup dried elbow macaroni (4 cups cooked)
1 1/3 cup grated Cheddar (reserve 1 cup)
1/3 cup grated Swiss
1/3 cup grated Jack
1/3 cup grated Colby
2 1/2" of Velveta cut into 1/2 Cubes
1/2 cup sour cream
4 tablespoon butter, cut into pieces
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
3/4 cup milk
1/2cup pasta water
Nonstick spray
*Optional Fillers
Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large pot, bring water to a boil. Season water with salt and cook macaroni until al dente, about 10 minutes. Drain pasta and place in a large bowl. While pasta is still hot, add all cheeses. In a separate medium bowl, using a whisk, combine the sour cream, butter, salt, pepper, milk and pasta water, add to the macaroni mixture. Spray casserole dish with nonstick spray and pour macaroni mixture into the dish. Bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown. Top with reserved 1 cup Cheddar cheese,

** Jalapenos, Ham pieces, Pepperoni, Sausage coins, BACON, Mushrooms.......

Bludawg, roughly what size casserole dish would you suggest for this recipe?

Bludawg 10-17-2013 06:05 PM

I use a 9X11X2 unless I double it then a 13X9 quadrupled a turkey roaster. I also use Cavatopi or Ziti instead of Elbow's

DeepElemCue 10-17-2013 06:43 PM

Blu does it still come out creamy or is it more firm? I prefer not to cut my mac and cheese by the slice.

Fwismoker 10-17-2013 06:55 PM

Maybe i should do a structured recipe sometime but the majority of the time i just wing it. Partially cooked noodles, velveta, what other cheeses sound good at the time...parmasean and some cream cheese is always good. I add a little water, smoke for short time then cover with foil and finish cooking. Oh and add croutons on top.

Bludawg 10-17-2013 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeepElemCue (Post 2662142)
Blu does it still come out creamy or is it more firm? I prefer not to cut my mac and cheese by the slice.

It comes out Creamy & Sticky.

peeps 10-17-2013 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bludawg (Post 2662117)
I use a 9X11X2 unless I double it then a 13X9 quadrupled a turkey roaster. I also use Cavatopi or Ziti instead of Elbow's

Thanks!

93vpmod 10-17-2013 08:53 PM

Blu, how do you know when it's done, probe tender?

Just kidding, nice recipe, I look forward to trying it.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:10 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise v2.6.0 Beta 4 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
2003 -2012 BBQ-Brethren Inc. All rights reserved. All Content and Flaming Pig Logo are registered and protected under U.S and International Copyright and Trademarks. Content Within this Website Is Property of BBQ Brethren Inc. Reproduction or alteration is strictly prohibited.