The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   The CL Gods are smiling on me... (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=171775)

klawrence 09-24-2013 06:37 PM

The CL Gods are smiling on me...
 
I just picked up my newest score, a 2004 Weber Performer for $50 bucks on CL. I had to rent a truck to get it ($28), but it was worth it. It's in mint shape. The guy threw in an incredibly large stainless wok, a cover, a Weber salt/pepper shaker (not sure what to do with these since I have that covered in the house), a weber beer can chick stand, and a container that's suppose to be used for soaking chips (not sure I'll use this either since I already have an offset and don't often soak my chips). I reached out to Weber to see if the warranty would cover a kettle and lid replacement, but it's really just slightly faded/warn so I doubt they will.

Earlier in the summer I picked a green 1990 for $50 that needed a ton of parts replaced. So I order about $80 worth of parts from Weber, and have been using it all Summer.

Wife says one has to go, which I understand since we live in the city and only have a small patio space for all the grills. The '04 is in better shape overall, the '90 has some rust on the frame, but it solid over all. The '90 currently doesn't have a small tank on it, but I did find a place the would fill on for me if I got a new one with quick connect. They also pointed me in the direction where I could get one. Not sure what grill to keep. Thoughts?

Pictures to come...

J'ville Grill 09-24-2013 06:53 PM

Great score! Are you in Somerville Ma.?

Harbormaster 09-24-2013 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by klawrence (Post 2636261)
The guy threw in an incredibly large stainless wok

That may be a 70s vintage Weber wok. Does it have three brackets on it that let it sit on the rim of a Weber kettle? If it does, it's a Weber and worth more than you paid for the Performer. But it's NOT stainless and needs to be cared for accordingly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by klawrence (Post 2636261)
Pictures to come...

Looking forward to those. Post one of the wok!

IamMadMan 09-24-2013 09:06 PM

Nice Score.... Looking forward to pictures.

jeffturnerjr 09-24-2013 09:20 PM

Tough decision... Personally, I'm going with the performer. My goal is cooking, not a show. An almost brand new performer will get the job done.

sliding_billy 09-25-2013 02:23 AM

Nice score!

Diesel Dave 09-25-2013 05:17 AM

Great score! Waiting to see the pics of it

RT 09-25-2013 07:03 AM

No Pics?

aawa 09-25-2013 08:01 AM

Nice score!

If you have a pictures of that wok, I would be willing to make you an offer for it.

SmokinJohn 09-25-2013 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by klawrence (Post 2636261)
I just picked up my newest score, a 2004 Weber Performer for $50 bucks on CL. I had to rent a truck to get it ($28), but it was worth it. It's in mint shape. The guy threw in an incredibly large stainless wok, a cover, a Weber salt/pepper shaker (not sure what to do with these since I have that covered in the house), a weber beer can chick stand, and a container that's suppose to be used for soaking chips (not sure I'll use this either since I already have an offset and don't often soak my chips). I reached out to Weber to see if the warranty would cover a kettle and lid replacement, but it's really just slightly faded/warn so I doubt they will.

Earlier in the summer I picked a green 1990 for $50 that needed a ton of parts replaced. So I order about $80 worth of parts from Weber, and have been using it all Summer.

Wife says one has to go, which I understand since we live in the city and only have a small patio space for all the grills. The '04 is in better shape overall, the '90 has some rust on the frame, but it solid over all. The '90 currently doesn't have a small tank on it, but I did find a place the would fill on for me if I got a new one with quick connect. They also pointed me in the direction where I could get one. Not sure what grill to keep. Thoughts?

Pictures to come...

Can you change wives?

I'm just sayin'.......

klawrence 09-25-2013 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J'ville Grill (Post 2636277)
Great score! Are you in Somerville Ma.?

Yep, home of the delicous Redbones BBQ.

klawrence 09-25-2013 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harbormaster (Post 2636343)
That may be a 70s vintage Weber wok. Does it have three brackets on it that let it sit on the rim of a Weber kettle? If it does, it's a Weber and worth more than you paid for the Performer. But it's NOT stainless and needs to be cared for accordingly.


Looking forward to those. Post one of the wok!

I'll be sure to pst one of the wok. If it's like a regular wok then I'll be sure to season it properly. My regular one is very well seasoned and cared for, so once I know what I have I'll be sure to keep it in good condition.

midwest_kc 09-27-2013 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by klawrence (Post 2636261)
Wife says one has to go

I'm sure you'll miss her :mrgreen:

klawrence 10-02-2013 08:58 AM

Sorry I'm so bad at pictures guys. Here's the wok:

http://www.imagebam.com/image/76f1be279278023

peeps 10-02-2013 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by klawrence (Post 2644282)
Sorry I'm so bad at pictures guys. Here's the wok:

http://www.imagebam.com/image/76f1be279278023

http://103.imagebam.com/download/5kF...3/IMAG0462.jpg


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:22 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise v2.6.0 Beta 4 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
2003 -2012 BBQ-Brethren Inc. All rights reserved. All Content and Flaming Pig Logo are registered and protected under U.S and International Copyright and Trademarks. Content Within this Website Is Property of BBQ Brethren Inc. Reproduction or alteration is strictly prohibited.