The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Competition BBQ (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Great time at First Competition (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=170782)

Q*bert 09-11-2013 07:12 AM

Great time at First Competition
 
4 Attachment(s)
We completed our first KCBS competition at Pickin' in the Panhandle last weekend and had a great time. We even got to hear our name called twice!! 5th place Ribs, & 6th place Pork. We wound up 15th overall out of 37 teams. Congrats to Dizzy Pig GC & Fowl Butt RGC. We met some great people, got some good advice, learned a bunch, & had a lot of fun. Thanks to Sultans of Swine for the good company. Thank you to the organizers, sponsors, & vendors at Pickin' in the Panhandle for putting on a great competition. See you there next year. Here's pics of our turn in's.

Stark-O-Rama 09-11-2013 07:48 AM

Congrats! Now you're hooked for sure!

Nice looking boxes - interesting rib presentation.....what is the cut out for?

mobow 09-11-2013 07:48 AM

nice looking boxes. Keith

Diesel Dave 09-11-2013 07:52 AM

Congrats and those boxes look real good

Q-Dat 09-11-2013 07:54 AM

Glad you enjoyed it, and welcome to insanity!

Big George's BBQ 09-11-2013 08:08 AM

Glad you had a good time Great looking boxes

Q*bert 09-11-2013 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stark-O-Rama (Post 2620541)
Congrats! Now you're hooked for sure!

Nice looking boxes - interesting rib presentation.....what is the cut out for?

Thanks. I don't know what you mean by cut out?

ShencoSmoke 09-11-2013 12:56 PM

looks good gentlemen. my advice: take those box pictures with the box sitting on the table, the juggling act of a finished box in one hand and a camera in the other is Astro-INSANITY!

Ron_L 09-11-2013 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShencoSmoke (Post 2620944)
looks good gentlemen. my advice: take those box pictures with the box sitting on the table, the juggling act of a finished box in one hand and a camera in the other is Astro-INSANITY!

Yep!

Nice job!

Podge 09-11-2013 02:37 PM

You have some very nice looking turn-ins for a first timer!!!!!!!.... I'd give all 9's in appearance. I'd give an 8 for brisket, it'd been a 9 if the slices looked moist. Great Job! :)

Phubar 09-11-2013 02:44 PM

I'm no expert but it all sounds and looks like you did good!:thumb:

RobKC 09-11-2013 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Podge (Post 2621075)
You have some very nice looking turn-ins for a first timer!!!!!!!.... I'd give all 9's in appearance. I'd give an 8 for brisket, it'd been a 9 if the slices looked moist. Great Job! :)


Ditto!!!

boogiesnap 09-11-2013 03:42 PM

that is some tasty looking BBQ!

are the burnt ends from the point or flat?

mep 09-11-2013 04:15 PM

Very nice looking boxes. They would have gotten high scores from me on appearance.

Q*bert 09-11-2013 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boogiesnap (Post 2621125)
that is some tasty looking BBQ!

are the burnt ends from the point or flat?

Burnt ends are from the point.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:59 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise v2.6.0 Beta 4 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
2003 -2012 BBQ-Brethren Inc. All rights reserved. All Content and Flaming Pig Logo are registered and protected under U.S and International Copyright and Trademarks. Content Within this Website Is Property of BBQ Brethren Inc. Reproduction or alteration is strictly prohibited.