The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Big Ron's Seasonings & BBQ Sauce (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   Big Changes for Big Ron (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=168970)

Big Ron 08-19-2013 04:05 PM

Big Changes for Big Ron

Folks,
I would like to share something personal. On August 6th I successfully underwent weight loss surgery. After much research I decided on the gastric sleeve. Life changing decision, but I am 36 years old and no other way to put it, but not very healthy. I am creating a weight loss blog page on my website and might do a few extra videos to add to my YouTube channel as well so stay tuned.

Also, to answer the name change questions I keep getting on Facebook, NO, I am still and will always be Big Ron. It is more a state of mind.

Thanks for listening and thanks for the support!

deguerre 08-19-2013 04:10 PM

You got my support Ron. All the way. :thumb::thumb:

landarc 08-19-2013 07:38 PM

Go for it Ron.

cameraman 08-19-2013 08:00 PM

I raise my glass to less of a man. :thumb:

mytmouz 08-19-2013 11:00 PM

Good luck!

WMI 08-19-2013 11:04 PM

Ron,
I don't even know you but proud of you for being vulnerable in a private matter such as this. Sounds like you got the determination to make this stick for a lifetime. Good luck Brother.
I would imagine you will be helping some others along the way

polishdon 08-20-2013 08:39 AM

Good luck in your weight loss journey Big Ron!!!!

NRA4Life 08-20-2013 09:04 AM

Good luck Ron!

DUBBAGA 08-20-2013 03:03 PM

Nice choice going for the sleeve... no slippage issues like with the band, and no/limited dumping issues like with the RNY

Hope all is going well with your post-op recovery

Big Ron 08-21-2013 01:37 PM

Thank you folks for the support, encouragement, and kind words. At about one month now, 2 weeks pre operation diet, 2 weeks post operation diet, I am already down close to 35 lbs.

One great factor about this diet is if my body can tolerate it, I can still eat everything, just not nearly as much. Looking forward to ordering a kids cheese burger meal and telling the server to have the kitchen add bacon & jalapenos then cut it in half as I will only be able to finish about half of it.

Thanks Again!
(still) Big Ron

deguerre 08-21-2013 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Ron (Post 2596619)
Thank you folks for the support, encouragement, and kind words. At about one month now, 2 weeks pre operation diet, 2 weeks post operation diet, I am already down close to 35 lbs.

One great factor about this diet is if my body can tolerate it, I can still eat everything, just not nearly as much. Looking forward to ordering a kids cheese burger meal and telling the server to have the kitchen add bacon & jalapenos then cut it in half as I will only be able to finish about half of it.

Thanks Again!
(still) Big Ron

Cool. 35 lbs in a month. That's excellent. Keep it up!
One thing though, lose all the weight you want. Hell, get smaller than me (I currently weigh a buck thirty two nekkid) if you dare. You'll ALWAYS be Big Ron to me.:thumb:

smknwhlswife 08-21-2013 10:38 PM

Congrats!! I am 6 wks out from having the Sleeve procedure. I am down 3 sizes and almost 50#! I get to start eating solid food this weekend!! Very excited.

WMI 08-27-2013 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smknwhlswife (Post 2597336)
Congrats!! I am 6 wks out from having the Sleeve procedure. I am down 3 sizes and almost 50#! I get to start eating solid food this weekend!! Very excited.

That's awesome Kim !
Great job

BASSER 08-27-2013 07:59 PM

Keep it up Big Ron (and Kim). Proud of you.

Big Ron 09-06-2013 11:38 AM

Update on total weight loss journey. 46 lbs down so far and in two more weeks I can exercise a little more than just walking!

Buying a camera to start shooting some videos of the weight loss journey also so stay tuned.

Thanks again folks for the support!