The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   It's Friday, what you cooking this weekend? (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=166876)

GoolsbyMD 07-26-2013 12:33 PM

It's Friday, what you cooking this weekend?
 
Smoker heating up now and rub is soaking into 1 St. Louis cut ribs and 2 racks of beef ribs(wife not a fan of pork ribs :shocked: )

Thermal Mass 07-26-2013 12:34 PM

Take some Pr0n and on Phridays you will find this thread::-D

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=166851


Happy Phriday!!

TowersOfFood 07-26-2013 12:34 PM

2 St. Louis cuts and some turkey wings.

hkcon 07-26-2013 12:52 PM

I am smoking my first brisket as we speak, I am almost 3 hrs. in and I am at 179 degrees (8 lb.s after trim), I seem to be stalled out which suits me fine but I thought the stall would happen earlier and I am hoping my probe is either broken (joking) or that I have somehow inserted it badly and am getting a false reading? I am not a rookie I have been smoking for a couple of years now (I know I know and this is my first brisket...) I have had some trouble with this probe in the past butit was more of a technical thing. anyway I know this was a just let us know thing but if someone has time and they want to "mentor" me I would be very attentive and thankful LOL

ButtBurner 07-26-2013 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hkcon (Post 2566402)
I am smoking my first brisket as we speak, I am almost 3 hrs. in and I am at 179 degrees (8 lb.s after trim), I seem to be stalled out which suits me fine but I thought the stall would happen earlier and I am hoping my probe is either broken (joking) or that I have somehow inserted it badly and am getting a false reading? I am not a rookie I have been smoking for a couple of years now (I know I know and this is my first brisket...) I have had some trouble with this probe in the past butit was more of a technical thing. anyway I know this was a just let us know thing but if someone has time and they want to "mentor" me I would be very attentive and thankful LOL

best advice I can give is, ler her go, dont sweat it. doesnt really matter what the temp is when you hit the stall, every piece of meat is different. it will come out when its ready

have a beer or 3

hkcon 07-26-2013 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ButtBurner (Post 2566404)
best advice I can give is, ler her go, dont sweat it. doesnt really matter what the temp is when you hit the stall, every piece of meat is different. it will come out when its ready

have a beer or 3

ty BB, that was my plan I was looking for some confirmation cause I love second guessing myself. The warden called a little earlier and told me the beer replenishment building was not opening soon enough for her and now a haircut is being performed and my delivery time is stalled as well, thank god for spicy v-8 and vodka!!!

Twelvegaugepump 07-26-2013 06:32 PM

Throwing my first whole hog on tonight. Pics will surely follow.

The_Kapn 07-26-2013 06:52 PM

Sunday is the final farewell cook on my FEC 100 in Sherman.

Last 1/3 of the deer jerky from last season.

Next week, she goes to her new owner and a better life than I can give her.

TIM

Armadillo 07-26-2013 06:57 PM

This is a start maybe more butts have to see if friends bring some to me

http://i1362.photobucket.com/albums/...ps55e14ef6.jpg

wango 07-26-2013 07:19 PM

2 racks of St Louis on right now. A couple of pork butts tomorrow

Smokeoholic 07-26-2013 09:45 PM

Chick & Butt...
http://i43.tinypic.com/5yw1mh.jpg

UF_Aero 07-26-2013 11:16 PM

Fiesta Fatty! Jalapeños, salsa, onions, green peppers and Boar's Head Three Pepper Colby Jack. First fatty, will post pics if not too embarrassing... :)

QansasjayhawQ 07-26-2013 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twelvegaugepump (Post 2566831)
Throwing my first whole hog on tonight. Pics will surely follow.

Thanks! I'm looking forward to that.

One last major BBQ frontier that I've never attempted is whole hog.

I keep watching that one BBQ Pitmasters episode (Big Pig Jig?) over and over and over again.

I ~think~ I get it.

But it would be farking awesome(!) to have a brethren share knowledge about how their whole hog cook goes.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

:clap2:

QansasjayhawQ 07-26-2013 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UF_Aero (Post 2567083)
Fiesta Fatty! Jalapeños, salsa, onions, green peppers and Boar's Head Three Pepper Colby Jack. First fatty, will post pics if not too embarrassing... :)

Pics are good - but if they're not - don't post them.

Just let us know how your cook went - and how you would have done things differently.

Some people think they should only post pics and news of their awesome success - but honestly - I learn more from people's failures.

Please share whatever the outcome! Good or bad!

Thank you!

QansasjayhawQ 07-26-2013 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Kapn (Post 2566852)
Sunday is the final farewell cook on my FEC 100 in Sherman.

Last 1/3 of the deer jerky from last season.

Next week, she goes to her new owner and a better life than I can give her.

TIM

Dang.

That's sad Kapn!.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:24 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
2003 -2012 © BBQ-Brethren Inc. All rights reserved. All Content and Flaming Pig Logo are registered and protected under U.S and International Copyright and Trademarks. Content Within this Website Is Property of BBQ Brethren Inc. Reproduction or alteration is strictly prohibited.