The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Phubar's Tamarind Racks Pron Pt.2 (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=166620)

Phubar 07-23-2013 11:16 AM

Phubar's Tamarind Racks Pron Pt.2
 
Rubbed the ribs with Bad Byron's Butt rub.
APhter a 2,5 hours smokebath I put them in a alu container with butter and applejuice.
For the glaze I cooked down the remains of the juice and added tamarind syrup.
For sides I made a potato/parsnip puree that was cooked in duck bouillon.
Veggies were zucchini and eggplant in homemade tomato sauce.


http://i1303.photobucket.com/albums/...psb1fa4978.jpg
http://i1303.photobucket.com/albums/...psd3b31dc2.jpg
http://i1303.photobucket.com/albums/...ps4969fb98.jpg
http://i1303.photobucket.com/albums/...ps415578ab.jpg
http://i1303.photobucket.com/albums/...ps06f09f6c.jpg
http://i1303.photobucket.com/albums/...ps689c64fb.jpg
http://i1303.photobucket.com/albums/...ps211cfce3.jpg
http://i1303.photobucket.com/albums/...pse1984e73.jpg
http://i1303.photobucket.com/albums/...ps006fb0d2.jpg
http://i1303.photobucket.com/albums/...ps580a3311.jpg
http://i1303.photobucket.com/albums/...ps83acb69d.jpg
http://i1303.photobucket.com/albums/...ps17ba1d0c.jpg
http://i1303.photobucket.com/albums/...ps2a9ac094.jpg
http://i1303.photobucket.com/albums/...ps9354a38b.jpg
http://i1303.photobucket.com/albums/...ps7f883a18.jpg
http://i1303.photobucket.com/albums/...ps575c78a5.jpg
http://i1303.photobucket.com/albums/...psc27d07f8.jpg

gtr 07-23-2013 11:22 AM

Yes sir! :clap2:

Phrasty 07-23-2013 11:25 AM

Looks Good Phu! :thumb:

Cheers

aawa 07-23-2013 11:53 AM

Looks great. I love the flavor of tamarind. We use it a lot in filipino cuisine. My friends that aren't filipino will normally ask what the flavor they are tasting is. Most people don't even know what it is I tell them, but they love the flavor of it.

el_matt 07-23-2013 12:22 PM

I'm not a fan of eggplant, but that looks like a great meal.

Matt

Phubar 07-23-2013 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phrasty (Post 2561904)
Looks Good Phu! :thumb:

Cheers


Thanks again for the tamarind idea Ph.!:thumb:


Quote:

Originally Posted by aawa (Post 2561943)
Looks great. I love the flavor of tamarind. We use it a lot in filipino cuisine. My friends that aren't filipino will normally ask what the flavor they are tasting is. Most people don't even know what it is I tell them, but they love the flavor of it.


Thanks for sharing!
My Mom brings some Phresh tamarind back home when she has visited her birthplace Surinam (South America)...it just grows in gardens and stuPh.
Here's a pic of the syrup that my Mom made...


http://i1303.photobucket.com/albums/...ps4229eef3.jpg

Garrett 07-23-2013 02:24 PM

Looking good!

fingerlickin' 07-23-2013 02:41 PM

Nice ribs brother! :thumb:

slow-smoker 07-23-2013 04:25 PM

Nice looking eats Phubes!

Kathy's Smokin' 07-23-2013 05:29 PM

Beautiful ribs and sides, Phubar! Love the flavour on the crust of those ribs I can taste from looking at your photos. I've picked tamarind in Jamaica with my cousins, most people don't realize they are a common ingredient in steak sauce like HP. I have a couple boxes of tamarind pods in the cupboard I want to make BBQ sauce with.

AussieTitch 07-23-2013 05:31 PM

Looks great Phu

dwfisk 07-23-2013 05:54 PM

I mean this in a nice way: dude that is one butt ugly UDS! And the cook looks outstanding. I've been experimenting with tamarind chicken & pork chops - not there yet but I think I'm getting a handle on that stuPH

Big George's BBQ 07-23-2013 06:15 PM

OMG Phu You are killing me I wanted to eat my screen :hungry::hungry::hungry:

Phubar 07-24-2013 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathy's Smokin' (Post 2562352)
Beautiful ribs and sides, Phubar! Love the flavour on the crust of those ribs I can taste from looking at your photos. I've picked tamarind in Jamaica with my cousins, most people don't realize they are a common ingredient in steak sauce like HP. I have a couple boxes of tamarind pods in the cupboard I want to make BBQ sauce with.


Here's a recipe from Phrasty...

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...light=tamarind
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...light=tamarind


Quote:

Originally Posted by dwfisk (Post 2562385)
I mean this in a nice way: dude that is one butt ugly UDS! And the cook looks outstanding. I've been experimenting with tamarind chicken & pork chops - not there yet but I think I'm getting a handle on that stuPH


No offense taken...thank you for your compliment!:becky:

Kathy's Smokin' 07-24-2013 12:50 PM

Thanks for the recipe, Phubar, and those cooks look great! Phrasty's chicken wings were gorgeous and I think your tamarind ribs tasted incredibly delicious. I, too, love the tart taste of tamarind, it goes so well with meat. I'm doing ribs later this week myself, and I have tamarind pods........


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:31 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
2003 -2012 BBQ-Brethren Inc. All rights reserved. All Content and Flaming Pig Logo are registered and protected under U.S and International Copyright and Trademarks. Content Within this Website Is Property of BBQ Brethren Inc. Reproduction or alteration is strictly prohibited.