The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Brethren Road Trips (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Best BBQ in Nashville? (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=166610)

scayne62 07-23-2013 09:04 AM

Best BBQ in Nashville?

I am headed to Nashville for work this weekend, where is the best place to eat BBQ while I am there?

HeSmellsLikeSmoke 07-23-2013 09:13 AM

Martin's BBQ in Brentwood, just south of Nashville, is good.

Bludawg 07-23-2013 09:13 AM

My Kid tells my Peg leg Porker on Gleaves is almost as good as her Daddys, but she's my Kid so she has to say that....

deguerre 07-23-2013 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bludawg (Post 2561768)
My Kid tells my Peg leg Porker on Gleaves is almost as good as her Daddys, but she's my Kid so she has to say that....

What? About Peg Leg Porker, or about Daddy? If the former, then I understand. If the latter, then I don't. From what I've heard and seen, bias don't even come into play with your cookin'...:mrgreen::thumb:

deguerre 07-23-2013 09:17 AM

Oh, and another vote for Martin's. STAY AWAY FROM NEELY'S!!! If they're still open. I think they closed up here in Memphis, and we're their home town...

MJ_Tenn 07-23-2013 09:18 AM

Jacks BBQ on Broadway or the new location on Charlotte Pike is very very good! Great sides as well..you will not be disappointed.

MJ_Tenn 07-23-2013 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeSmellsLikeSmoke (Post 2561767)
Martin's BBQ in Brentwood, just south of Nashville, is good.

Martin's BBQ has opened in Mt. Juliet too!

cameraman 07-23-2013 09:20 AM

Nashville can be hit and miss on the bbq. The best "country cooking" in Nashville is at Arnold's on 8th Ave. Outside of Martin's (which is actually in Nolensville and not Mt. Juliet) Arnold's would be my choice for a Southern style meal here.

HeSmellsLikeSmoke 07-23-2013 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cameraman (Post 2561780)
Nashville can be hit and miss on the bbq. The best "country cooking" in Nashville is at Arnold's on 8th Ave. Outside of Martin's (which is actually in Nolensville and not Mt. Juliet) Arnold's would be my choice for a Southern style meal here.

Nolansville is the one I was talking about. Just looked it up. Thanks for the correction.

It's at 7238 Nolansville Road. Martin's Bar-B-Que Joint is the actual name.

deguerre 07-23-2013 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeSmellsLikeSmoke (Post 2561792)
Nolansville is the one I was talking about. Just looked it up. Thanks for the correction.

Mt Juliet, Nolansville, Brentwood, Lebanon, Franklin, whatever. It's all Nashville.

cameraman 07-23-2013 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deguerre (Post 2561799)
Mt Juliet, Nolansville, Brentwood, Lebanon, Franklin, whatever. It's all Nashville.

Maybe if you live in Memphis :boxing: :razz:

Hardluck 07-23-2013 09:52 AM

Chances are if your gonna be in Nashvegas your gonna be in Tootsies, Stumble a few doors down and hit Jacks. Great BBQ to soak up some of the Budweiser!

MJ_Tenn 07-23-2013 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cameraman (Post 2561780)

Actually, we do have a Martin's BBQ in Mt. Juliet...opened last month and it is dee lish us!

deguerre 07-23-2013 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cameraman (Post 2561831)
Maybe if you live in Memphis :boxing: :razz:

Heck. That was my thinking even when I lived a hundred miles closer in Decatur. We got Nashville on our cable. Became a big fan of Sir Cecil Creape...

jimmyinsd 07-23-2013 12:44 PM

Martins in Nolandsville, their pulled pork was the best I had ever had. The ribs and brisket were decent, but nothing like the pulled pork for flavor and tenderness. If I ever find myself back in the Nashville area I guarantee you that I will find myself back to Martins again.