The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   is this a BBQ Brethren First??? (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=166582)

caseydog 07-22-2013 09:15 PM

is this a BBQ Brethren First???
 
Kathy's Smokin' entered a farking soufflé in a throwdown -- baked on a farking kamado grill. :shock:

Has this been done before on the forum? A soufflé is hard enough to do in an oven -- in a kitchen. Yeah, it isn't BBQ, but it is pretty farking impressive, IMO. :hail:

http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/...ps9a1b4e06.jpg

CD

Garrett 07-22-2013 09:19 PM

Most impressive!!!

Ron_L 07-22-2013 09:20 PM

No, but that doesn't make it any less of an accomplishment.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=85788

nucornhusker 07-22-2013 09:24 PM

I've never done soufflé before, so I'm ignorant on the topic, but would it be easier to do in a Kamado since you have a consistent, non-fluctuating temperature? An oven in the kitchen will fluctuate 25* plus and minus of the set temp over the course of a few minutes.

Teltum 07-22-2013 09:30 PM

I had toyed with the idea just never pulled the trigger glad some one did it and kudos.

Dauvis 07-22-2013 10:17 PM

That is an impressive soufflee.

Stark-O-Rama 07-22-2013 10:24 PM

Definitely impressive.....:clap2:

martyleach 07-22-2013 10:56 PM

Hey, it's just like an oven! Looks great to me. I did a soufflé once. Liked it. Done that.....

landarc 07-22-2013 11:03 PM

That woman is nuts.

MS2SB 07-23-2013 12:18 AM

Very, very impressive! Got Kathy!

Phubar 07-23-2013 01:47 AM

Nice job Kathy!
Padawan made different kinds of souffle on her red kettle and WGA...


http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/v...2/IMG_1756.jpg

Banjoe 07-23-2013 04:41 PM

What a hoot. I won't be trying that but can certainly admire the incredible accomplishment.

Kathy's Smokin' 07-23-2013 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nucornhusker (Post 2561328)
I've never done soufflé before, so I'm ignorant on the topic, but would it be easier to do in a Kamado since you have a consistent, non-fluctuating temperature? An oven in the kitchen will fluctuate 25* plus and minus of the set temp over the course of a few minutes.

Good question. I don't know, this is the first soufflé I've ever made. I'll be making more in the oven so I'll be able to answer that for you in the future.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phubar (Post 2561524)
Nice job Kathy!
Padawan made different kinds of souffle on her red kettle and WGA...


http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/v...2/IMG_1756.jpg

:clap2: They look fabulous!! Thanks for posting!

Big George's BBQ 07-23-2013 05:11 PM

Kathy that looks awesome Very impressive :clap2:

Kathy's Smokin' 07-23-2013 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron_L (Post 2561322)
No, but that doesn't make it any less of an accomplishment.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=85788

Wow, great cook, thanks for posting, Ron!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:51 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise v2.6.0 Beta 4 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
2003 -2012 © BBQ-Brethren Inc. All rights reserved. All Content and Flaming Pig Logo are registered and protected under U.S and International Copyright and Trademarks. Content Within this Website Is Property of BBQ Brethren Inc. Reproduction or alteration is strictly prohibited.