-   Q-talk (
-   -   Temperature Probe Repair Question (

jcpetro97 07-08-2013 07:54 AM

Temperature Probe Repair Question
Quick Question. One of the probes for my pit thermometer has a crack in the insulation on the wire that connects the probe to the display unit. The wires themselves are just fine, so I was wondering, rather than replace a probe that I know works, is there something i can use that is heat resistant to cover the area that is cracked?

spinningwheel 07-08-2013 11:44 AM

If it's still working right you can cover the crack with electricians tape, the black A33 from 3m works well. I don't know if the cheap stuff will withstand the heat so I used the best trade tape I had.

Ron_L 07-08-2013 11:46 AM

You could also get some heat shrink tubing that will fit over the probe and up onto the wire. Heat it gently to shrink it and it should last.

jcpetro97 07-08-2013 11:46 AM

SpinningWheel - Thanks! I wasn't sure if it would hold up to the heat or not. Glad it will. I appreciate the help on this one..

Ron, thanks, I will look into it. The probe still works just fine. I noticed the crack after using it one day

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:33 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
2003 -2012 BBQ-Brethren Inc. All rights reserved. All Content and Flaming Pig Logo are registered and protected under U.S and International Copyright and Trademarks. Content Within this Website Is Property of BBQ Brethren Inc. Reproduction or alteration is strictly prohibited.