The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   OakRidge BBQ (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Game Changer Brine (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=164989)

IamMadMan 07-04-2013 06:25 AM

Game Changer Brine

Not trying to get any secrets here, but I am trying to use your brine as an pork injection next weekend.

Using Chris Lilly's Injection (which is a brine) that has a ratio of 1/2 cup of sugar and 1/4 cup of salt to roughly 1-1/2 cup of liquid. Twice the amount of liquid to dry measure.

Would you say the ratio using Game Changer Brine would remain the same? Or do you advise not trying this....

Thanks in advance for your help.

kcmike 07-05-2013 12:52 AM

We have many teams all across the country using Game Changer brine as a pork injection with great success. The basic mixture I start everyone out with is to follow the Full Strength recipe on the label, but instead of using water, use a 50/50 mixture of apple juice and ginger ale instead. So, for example, to make 32 ounces of injection, you would add 1/2 cup brine mix to 16 ounces of apple juice and 16 ounces of ginger ale.

IamMadMan 07-06-2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcmike (Post 2539670)
We have many teams all across the country using Game Changer brine as a pork injection with great success. The basic mixture I start everyone out with is to follow the Full Strength recipe on the label, but instead of using water, use a 50/50 mixture of apple juice and ginger ale instead. So, for example, to make 32 ounces of injection, you would add 1/2 cup brine mix to 16 ounces of apple juice and 16 ounces of ginger ale.

Thanks Mike, sounds like a good plan for a starter........

I'm glad I purchased the big pack, this stuff is fantastic...!!!!!

Thanks for the quick shipping...

IamMadMan 07-12-2013 04:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcmike (Post 2539670)

I tried this and was skeptical.... It turned out great!

Not only was the pork moist, but the flavor of the spice was in the meat itself.

You made me a believer, and I now have a new injection mixture.

Thanks Mike

kshotrod 08-01-2013 10:28 AM

I tried that brine on some chicken this weekend, it was great, and It was a big hit.....

I've gotta make a new order soon, got my first comp coming up and my first cater job coming up, going to roll with the OakRidge brand on both lol

IamMadMan 08-04-2013 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kshotrod (Post 2573240)
I tried that brine on some chicken this weekend, it was great, and It was a big hit.....

I've gotta make a new order soon, got my first comp coming up and my first cater job coming up, going to roll with the OakRidge brand on both lol

Great Minds think alike........

Same brand smoke w/guru, using Game Changer Brine, with Great Success.