Hi all. Long time reader, first time poster. Wanted to share this mod I made to my mini. I cut a strip of aluminum out of the tamale pot lid that I had saved, folded it in half lengthwise with pliers, hammered it flat, bent it into a hook, smoothed the edges, and bolted it to the underside of the smokey joe lid. One screw head right under the handle, and a dab of black paint to conceal it. Would never know it was there. It works great. No more greasy stains on the deck or on the table. Very handy. Thought you might like it. Pic attached.
Also, would love to see or hear about any other most recent mini tweaks you all may have made to these great little smokers.
06-29-2013 07:43 AM
I love the "long time reader, first time poster" opening line, reminds me of Mr Obvious from the Bob and Tom radio show!