The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Pig shots and bombs (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=163399)

Rookie06 06-15-2013 01:04 PM

Pig shots and bombs
 
5 Attachment(s)
Decided to throw some pig shots and chicken bombs together this morning. Took about an hour and a half with some apple wood smoke, and bam! All done. Time to grub and then hang by the pool rest of the afternoon.

dobdabomb 06-15-2013 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rookie06 (Post 2516849)
Decided to throw some pig shots and chicken bombs together this morning. Took about an hour and a half with some apple wood smoke, and bam! All done. Time to grub and then hang by the pool rest of the afternoon.

What's in each of those, never heard of them?

Rookie06 06-15-2013 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dobdabomb (Post 2516855)
What's in each of those, never heard of them?

Pig shots - kielbasa, seasoned with BBQ rub, wrapped with bacon, filled with cream cheese, topped with brown sugar. The bombs are just chicken breasts with colby jack cheese and japs wrolled up and wrapped with bacon.

reccymech 06-15-2013 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rookie06 (Post 2517292)
Pig shots - kielbasa, seasoned with BBQ rub, wrapped with bacon, filled with cream cheese, topped with brown sugar. The bombs are just chicken breasts with colby jack cheese and japs wrolled up and wrapped with bacon.

Trying to do the 'lost in translation' thingy. Being an Aussie some of your food terminology has me scratching my head, but here goes:

Kielbasa - no idea, some sorta pig meat thingy?
Cream Cheese - I take it to be Philly (Kraft Phillidelphia Cheese),
Colby Jack Cheese - straight Colby cheese
Japs - umm....once again no idea.

Only reason I'm asking is that it sure looks good for some quick and easy 'smally eats' when friends/family 'rock' round.

nucornhusker 06-15-2013 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reccymech (Post 2517333)
Trying to do the 'lost in translation' thingy. Being an Aussie some of your food terminology has me scratching my head, but here goes:

Kielbasa - no idea, some sorta pig meat thingy?
Cream Cheese - I take it to be Philly (Kraft Phillidelphia Cheese),
Colby Jack Cheese - straight Colby cheese
Japs - umm....once again no idea.

Only reason I'm asking is that it sure looks good for some quick and easy 'smally eats' when friends/family 'rock' round.

Kielbasa - A pork snag (as you would know it) (Thanks to Smokin' Aussie)
Cream Chesse - Yes, Philly
Colby Jack - Colby and Monterrey Jack cheese blend
Japs - Jalapeño Peppers

TalonBrew 06-15-2013 10:09 PM

How do you do the breasts? I tried them once and the breasts were done long before the japs were.

slow-smoker 06-15-2013 10:36 PM

Looks good. :thumb:

OutlawSwine 06-15-2013 10:38 PM

Looks good. I love pig shots!

reccymech 06-16-2013 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nucornhusker (Post 2517362)
Kielbasa - A pork snag (as you would know it) (Thanks to Smokin' Aussie)
Cream Chesse - Yes, Philly
Colby Jack - Colby and Monterrey Jack cheese blend
Japs - Jalapeño Peppers

Cheers mate.

Hope you don't mind me having a 'crack at the title'. :biggrin1:

JohnHB 06-16-2013 02:03 AM

Everything goes better with bacon! Great cook up!
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?feature...ure%3Dyoutu.be

DC-Q 06-16-2013 10:28 AM

I've been doing the chicken bombs with laughing cow swiss. (just because it's something we always have in the fridge) We love those things.

I'm doing something similar today that I tweaked from a Bobby Flay recipe.

Pork Loin butterflied & pounded flat wrapped around a jap stuffed with
a mix of diced strawberries, cream cheese & fresh basil, wrapped in bacon,
seasoned with favorite bbq rub. The sweet strawberries go surprisingly well with the japs.

I don't mean to hijack, I just thought you/ others might be interested in a
little bomb variation.:grin:

Tonybel 06-16-2013 10:30 AM

Well done!!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:20 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise v2.6.0 Beta 4 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
2003 -2012 © BBQ-Brethren Inc. All rights reserved. All Content and Flaming Pig Logo are registered and protected under U.S and International Copyright and Trademarks. Content Within this Website Is Property of BBQ Brethren Inc. Reproduction or alteration is strictly prohibited.