The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Damn kids -> hog cook Friday (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=163174)

Lake Dogs 06-12-2013 11:42 AM

Damn kids -> hog cook Friday

Kids (they're probably as old as 1/2 of the brethren) are in town from Denver for a few weeks, and I'm not sure the parking brake was set on the car before they were screaming for BBQ. I guess it's a good reputation... Anyway, I ordered 2 fresh hams and 2 whole shoulders (+-85lbs) and will probably grab 4 to 6 slabs of babybacks to tomorrow night pick-up. Looks like I'll be busy Friday.

Got a new camera a few weeks back; nice Canon DSLR. Think I'll see if I can't take a few pics wuff a damn...

PRON coming.

Bamabuzzard 06-12-2013 11:44 AM

Can't wait to see the results!!!!

Lake Dogs 06-12-2013 11:55 AM

I guess it's a good thing; I've had a hankerin' for some good Q for a while; just lookin' for a good reason. One of the kids are one that had 7th helpings on my last 4th of July Party. The party this year had to be moved to the 20th and they wont be able to make it this year, so this is their party...

fingerlickin' 06-12-2013 11:56 AM

Sounds like a plan to me. :thumb:

ButtBurner 06-12-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lake Dogs (Post 2513365)
Kids (they're probably as old as 1/2 of the brethren) are in town from Denver for a few weeks, and I'm not sure the parking brake was set on the car before they were screaming for BBQ. I guess it's a good reputation... Anyway, I ordered 2 fresh hams and 2 whole shoulders (+-85lbs) and will probably grab 4 to 6 slabs of babybacks to tomorrow night pick-up. Looks like I'll be busy Friday.

Got a new camera a few weeks back; nice Canon DSLR. Think I'll see if I can't take a few pics wuff a damn...

PRON coming.

your lucky. my kid would have set the parking brake on the car and drove off with it on and left it that way for a week lol

Thermal Mass 06-12-2013 11:59 AM

Tuned in! :hungry:

deguerre 06-12-2013 12:01 PM

Your kids are lucky!

How are you cooking the hams, Hance? I'm smoking one this weekend.

PaPaQ 06-12-2013 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ButtBurner (Post 2513383)
your lucky. my kid would have set the parking brake on the car and drove off with it on and left it that way for a week lol

Mine did, 500.00 bucks worth!

PaPaQ 06-12-2013 01:41 PM

Looking forward to the camera reviews.

Mahoney86 06-12-2013 03:53 PM

Looking forward to the pics and the cook!

Lake Dogs 06-12-2013 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deguerre (Post 2513388)
Your kids are lucky!

How are you cooking the hams, Hance? I'm smoking one this weekend.

Just like the whole shoulders; I'm "pretending" its a whole hog, only that I get to move the parts one by one rather than all at once. Without a head, loins, no spare ribs and no bacon, we'll still be in the 100lb range when adding a few racks of babybacks... Plus, if the shoulders are done a little before the hams I'll remove them and rest them just that much longer. It's a "cheatin'" hog cook; definitely NOT whole... :-)

Will be using my many-times-published injection, and using my long published rub, smoked using clean seasoned hickory.

Went to the store to pick up the ingredients that infernoooo judged a few years back; my (I suppose now) world famous (he's in Australia) sauce recipe. The kids love it by itself; say they could drink it straight....

jonboy 06-12-2013 07:39 PM

Quote:

Will be using my many-times-published injection, and using my long published rub, smoked using clean seasoned hickory.
Any chance you can re post those or pm me with them.
thanks,
jon

boiler93 06-12-2013 08:43 PM

Looking forward to the Pics, sounds as if you'll be having plenty of good fun this weekend.

CarolinaQue 06-12-2013 09:41 PM

I'm sure they had to really twist your arm!!!

Tonybel 06-12-2013 11:26 PM

Your going to have fun!!!
Happy Father's Day.