The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Injectors? (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=162624)

SteelSmokin 06-06-2013 07:44 AM

Injectors?
 
Any recommendations on any brand y'all felt were better than others and where do I find them? Thanks for the help.

bluzieq 06-06-2013 08:03 AM

Don't know the brand, bed bath and beyond large ss two needles one large enough for thicker stuff.

SteelSmokin 06-06-2013 08:34 AM

Thank you

Dreggs 06-06-2013 09:06 AM

Spitjack, the gold standard

Stoke&Smoke 06-06-2013 09:21 AM

Spitjack is a nice unit, but if you have a clear (no particulate) injection, see Todds recommendation in this thread http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...njector&page=2

I have both, and use the spitjack if the one in the link gets clogged. This link goes direct to ValleyVet http://www.valleyvet.com/ct_detail.h...8-edd8320ec6fe

you can just put the tube in the injection, squeeze once or twice to prime it, and then pump all you need without refilling. EZPZ!!

Thanks Todd!

Porcine Perfection 06-06-2013 09:25 AM

I got the one from Tractor Supply and used the needle off the green Cajun Injector. Works great! :thumb:

Ron_L 06-06-2013 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stoke&Smoke (Post 2505993)
see Todds recommendation in this thread http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...njector&page=2

I have both, and use the spitjack if the one in the link gets clogged. This link goes direct to ValleyVet http://www.valleyvet.com/ct_detail.h...8-edd8320ec6fe

you can just put the tube in the injection, squeeze once or twice to prime it, and then pump all you need without refilling. EZPZ!!

I have one of these and it worked the first time I used it and hasn't worked since. I was using a clear injection with no chunks. I've taken apart every thing i can take apart and soaked and cleaned and it still won't draw. I went back to my old manual Cajun injector. :mad:

cpw 06-06-2013 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron_L (Post 2506020)
I have one of these and it worked the first time I used it and hasn't worked since. I was using a clear injection with no chunks. I've taken apart every thing i can take apart and soaked and cleaned and it still won't draw. I went back to my old manual Cajun injector. :mad:

I have the Pit Bulls up in smoke version of this injector, and love it if I'm doing a ton of injecting. It did clog on me (my own fault) but was able to get it to draw again just by soaking everything for awhile. If I'm just injecting at home, I have a cheapy one from walmart or target that works fine. My wife got me a Bayou Classic stainless injector, but the needles are HUGE.

Cack 06-06-2013 10:29 AM

I just got a new one from Pit Bulls, and love it. You can adjust how much injection you want to put in and just go to town. For the price, I don't think you can beat it.

http://www.pitbullsupinsmoke.com/barbecue-store.html

oifmarine2003 06-06-2013 10:34 AM

It sounds corny but I have a solid food injector from one of those infomercials someone gave me and that thing is awesome! I inject garlic cloves into my turkey before I smoke them and it is awesome.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...9SIA1V00HJ2922

Stoke&Smoke 06-06-2013 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron_L (Post 2506020)
I have one of these and it worked the first time I used it and hasn't worked since. I was using a clear injection with no chunks. I've taken apart every thing i can take apart and soaked and cleaned and it still won't draw. I went back to my old manual Cajun injector. :mad:

I had the same thing happen once or twice Ron. I was able to get it working again by submerging in in HOT (just below boiling) water for a bit, then adding a little cold so I could get my hand in without scalding and giving it a squeeze or two.

It's made to innoculate multiple animals, so pretty sturdy. If I strain my injection through a clean handkerchief (works better than cheesecloth, and washable) I don't have the issue anymore

Ron_L 06-06-2013 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stoke&Smoke (Post 2506157)
I had the same thing happen once or twice Ron. I was able to get it working again by submerging in in HOT (just below boiling) water for a bit, then adding a little cold so I could get my hand in without scalding and giving it a squeeze or two.

It's made to innoculate multiple animals, so pretty sturdy. If I strain my injection through a clean handkerchief (works better than cheesecloth, and washable) I don't have the issue anymore

So the amount of time I save over a manual injector will be spent soaking and straining? :rolleyes: :becky:

Stoke&Smoke 06-06-2013 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron_L (Post 2506165)
So the amount of time I save over a manual injector will be spent soaking and straining? :rolleyes: :becky:

Please, I don't want to think about you soaking and straining Ron! :wacko:

:boxing::boxing:

buttburnersbbq 06-06-2013 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dreggs (Post 2505960)
Spitjack, the gold standard

Spit Jack is the way to go . I got the spitjack magnum for christmas . It is the best injector I have every used . Worth the money and is built to last .

Check out link

http://spitjack.com/product/MEAT-BRI...LETE-CASE.html

Wampus 06-06-2013 01:20 PM

I have one of these for home use:

https://www.bigpoppasmokers.com/stor...eluxe-injector

We also use the pitbull injector for comps, vending and catering. Mostly for larger cooks. It wouldn't be practical for just one butt since the intake tube holds so much injection, there would be a lot of waste. It sure is awesome for cooking multiple butts. This one, also, cannot be used when the injection has any solids in it or it will clog....BAD.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:40 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise v2.6.0 Beta 4 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
2003 -2012 BBQ-Brethren Inc. All rights reserved. All Content and Flaming Pig Logo are registered and protected under U.S and International Copyright and Trademarks. Content Within this Website Is Property of BBQ Brethren Inc. Reproduction or alteration is strictly prohibited.