The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   I...um...almost forgot...again...I scored another WSM! (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=160905)

fingerlickin' 05-14-2013 07:08 PM

I...um...almost forgot...again...I scored another WSM!
 
I'm kidding of course...sorta. I didn't forget this time. I did score another WSM though. :thumb: I just picked it up a couple hours ago. :grin:

It was on CL for $50, but I was 2nd on the list. Guy #1 cancelled and the lady told me there were 12 people in line and one guy offered her $70. I told here "I'll give you $70, what's your address?"

It could really use a new door, at the very least a new knob. It did come with a cover. The fire ring and water pan are in good shape.

http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/...r/DSCF3255.jpg

I'm thinking about new grates also. Would you guys cook on these?

http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/...r/DSCF3257.jpg


:peace:

SA_Scorpio 05-14-2013 07:13 PM

Oh snap! Grate on the find, Jason.

fantomlord 05-14-2013 07:24 PM

nice score! get those grates good and hot, and then go ahead and cook on 'em

Vision 05-14-2013 07:27 PM

Cool. I'd buy new grates.

El Ropo 05-14-2013 07:51 PM

I don't see anything wrong with those grates. They look fine.

Nice score too.

BobM 05-14-2013 08:04 PM

Nice score! :clap2:

Toast 05-14-2013 08:06 PM

DUDE! You've had some good scores of late! Must be the avatar! ;D

J'ville Grill 05-14-2013 08:10 PM

The grates will be just fine. Clean them up a little and heat with a coating of oil. Get yourself a Cajun Bandit replacement door. Bt the way that $70 well spent.

peterz 05-14-2013 08:28 PM

Nice !!!!!!!!!Nothing wrong with the grates. Just heat them up and u good.

Toast 05-14-2013 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J'ville Grill (Post 2481163)
The grates will be just fine. Clean them up a little and heat with a coating of oil. Get yourself a Cajun Bandit replacement door. Bt the way that $70 well spent.

You'll have to order a new handle from Weber or make one. The CB door does not come with handle.

TroyA65 05-14-2013 08:45 PM

Well Done!!

flyingbassman5 05-14-2013 08:58 PM

wow...surprised no one caught it.

There IS something wrong with ONE of those grates.... The one on the right is a charcoal grate for a kettle, not a cooking grate. Is there a difference? Hell if I know. Maybe thicker gauge but I never heard of a yay or nay about cooking on one..

Fishawn 05-14-2013 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyingbassman5 (Post 2481209)
wow...surprised no one caught it.

There IS something wrong with ONE of those grates.... The one on the right is a charcoal grate for a kettle, not a cooking grate. Is there a difference? Hell if I know. Maybe thicker gauge but I never heard of a yay or nay about cooking on one..

Nice Score! ..... Yeah, it's a charcoal grate..... Looks like you are missing a cooking grate (should be 2) from the pics.... I like to get em hot, brush em & cook some fatty pork on em.... seasons em right up & good to go.

garzanium 05-14-2013 10:48 PM

man...heck of a deal. I just offered $100 for a 18.5. happy cooking.

J'ville Grill 05-14-2013 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishawn (Post 2481290)
Nice Score! ..... Yeah, it's a charcoal grate..... Looks like you are missing a cooking grate (should be 2) from the pics.... I like to get em hot, brush em & cook some fatty pork on em.... seasons em right up & good to go.

No it's not. The bottom cooking grate on a 18.5 WSM is made the same as a charcoal grate from a 22.5 kettle but it is nickel plated.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:16 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise v2.6.0 Beta 4 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
2003 -2012 BBQ-Brethren Inc. All rights reserved. All Content and Flaming Pig Logo are registered and protected under U.S and International Copyright and Trademarks. Content Within this Website Is Property of BBQ Brethren Inc. Reproduction or alteration is strictly prohibited.