The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Tips and tricks for CL scores? (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=160837)

Jon David 05-13-2013 08:22 PM

Tips and tricks for CL scores?

Just curious what you guys search for on CL. I do the Weber Grill once a day just to see what comes up. I'm just kinda curious.

aawa 05-13-2013 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon David (Post 2479874)
Just curious what you guys search for on CL. I do the Weber Grill once a day just to see what comes up. I'm just kinda curious.

Browse it daily. Go check out the grill and offer below asking price if you can find some small stuff wrong with it.

Beef 05-13-2013 08:39 PM

Use SearchTempest to monitor all surrounding CLs within a given miles radius.

Really opens up the world a bit. Oh, and purposely search for misspellings, like Webber.

1911Ron 05-13-2013 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beef (Post 2479894)
Use SearchTempest to monitor all surrounding CLs within a given miles radius.

Really opens up the world a bit. Oh, and purposely search for misspellings, like Webber.

I have used SearchTempest and have used Webber, Weber grill, weber with side table, pretty much if you can think it use it:mrgreen:

Nugetsius 05-13-2013 08:45 PM

I use craigslist+ on my iphone to search. You can include other cities that are close. I basically built my cooker from random craigslist finds. Also, if your looking for smokers and grills, this site is a good resource.

jmellor 05-13-2013 08:46 PM

Search for charcoal grill or even just grill. My red master touch was listed as red charcoal grill $20. And +1 on search radius. I found a new wsm 40 mins from home for cheap. If you look for it you will find it. That's my motto!

SOB 05-13-2013 08:54 PM

I check multiple times a day. My motto is if your looking for something there are many other people in your area also looking. I always search weber but just BBQ also.

GREAT!! scores go super fast.

vaTim 05-13-2013 08:56 PM

Save this search in the CL search box from your city (or modify if you don't want BGE included) as a bookmark and click early and often. It will most often bring in nearby cities as it's narrowed down a bit. :thumb:

weber|(big green egg)|(webber)|(charcoal grill) -barrels -carb -amp -carburator

flyingbassman5 05-13-2013 09:34 PM

If you have a smart phone with mobile email, create an account on If This Then That. I basically used the website to set up a trigger that sends me an email anytime a new ad containing the word "Weber" in the title is posted. Almost scored a new gas assist performer a few weeks ago for $50 but missed it by about 5 minutes. Had I not received the email telling me about the posting, I would have never known the ad was even posted. "Weber" is the only search that I get email for as to avoid getting too many CL emails.

On top of that, I also search for bbq, smoker, charcoal, grill (title only), barbeque, and misspellings of all of those. Mostly though, it comes down to being in the right place at the right time which makes up half of the fun of it.

J'ville Grill 05-13-2013 09:45 PM

Craiglist is a joke for Weber stuff here in J'ville.

javahog2002 05-13-2013 11:48 PM

Use charcoal grill. That what I used for my free Weber SS performer.

NickTheGreat 05-14-2013 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vaTim (Post 2479917)
Save this search in the CL search box from your city (or modify if you don't want BGE included) as a bookmark and click early and often. It will most often bring in nearby cities as it's narrowed down a bit. :thumb:

This is a good idea. I am very rarely in the market for a carburetor! :wink:

swinn 05-14-2013 07:55 AM

I search for Weber, webber, grill, smoker, and cast iron.

Ron_L 05-14-2013 08:26 AM

Here's my Craigslist tip.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=155635

Just don't beat me to any great deals :-D

Kloogee 05-14-2013 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vaTim (Post 2479917)

That is a great tip. I just used that and added "carbs" and "carborator" to the list to exclude.