The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   The OFFICIAL Memorial Day Charcoal Sale Thread (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=160808)

Porcine Perfection 05-13-2013 01:15 PM

The OFFICIAL Memorial Day Charcoal Sale Thread
 
Since there are always multiple threads on this every year, I am going to start one early. I will bump it once the sales begin. I will also edit this post (if it will let me) and keep all the sales in the OP.

If you find a good price, please check the thread before posting it. Please include the brand, size, price, and price per pound.

************************************************** ************************************************** *********
Brethren Cowboy lump thread.


************************************************** ************************************************** *********
Restaurant Depot
Royal Oak lump
17.7 lbs.
$8.99
$0.51 per lb.

************************************************** ************************************************** *********

wormraper 05-13-2013 01:26 PM

I'm trembling in anticipation I only have 5 lbs of KBB left and only 30 lbs of lump left... I'm in serious need of a restock

dajogejr 05-13-2013 01:54 PM

Waiting to see if this lump is any good. I've heard past horror stories, also heard new and improved is good stuff. With coupon code SPRING5 take another 5 bucks off...and free ship to store.
http://www.truevalue.com/product/Har...keyword=cowboy



Restaurant Depot has 17.7 bags of Royal Oak lump for 8.99 a bag if you have one near you.

qnbiker 05-13-2013 02:15 PM

I hope Lowe's has a Stubbs sale this year.

1FUNVET 05-13-2013 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qnbiker (Post 2479549)
I hope Lowe's has a Stubbs sale this year.

Me too. I'm down to my last 10 bags.

ButtBurner 05-13-2013 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dajogejr (Post 2479537)
Waiting to see if this lump is any good. I've heard past horror stories, also heard new and improved is good stuff. With coupon code SPRING5 take another 5 bucks off...and free ship to store.
http://www.truevalue.com/product/Har...keyword=cowboy



Restaurant Depot has 17.7 bags of Royal Oak lump for 8.99 a bag if you have one near you.

what are you waiting for? we told you that Cowboy has changed, even posted pics of it

want me to mail you a piece? Oh, I see you live by me someplace. Comon over. I will give you a hunk or 3

;)

swinn 05-13-2013 03:45 PM

The Tru-Values around here are independaently owned and are not required to honor the corporate sales. 2 of the stores I have tried did not have this sale.

ButtBurner 05-13-2013 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swinn (Post 2479638)
The Tru-Values around here are independaently owned and are not required to honor the corporate sales. 2 of the stores I have tried did not have this sale.

take the ad to Lowes or Home Depot they will price match if you want it

make sure the bag says made in Mexico on it, not USA

Iam going to my some more at my Tru Value tomorrow, their truck comes in then as they sell out of it quick

You can also buy it and have it shipped free to the store. Looks like all the stores in KC have ship to store option on the website

mbshop 05-13-2013 04:22 PM

i think home depot will have a sale on the 2x20 kingsford. not a sale but some costco's have big bags of stubbs lump.

wormraper 05-13-2013 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbshop (Post 2479668)
i think home depot will have a sale on the 2x20 kingsford. not a sale but some costco's have big bags of stubbs lump.

mine doesn't have stubbs, but they DO have 40 lb bags of El Diablo lump for $11.59

papadew1 05-13-2013 06:19 PM

In Wal-mart today,dept manager told me they got a pallet last night and getting 5 more pallets.2x13 bags he has been told sell price yet.

dajogejr 05-14-2013 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ButtBurner (Post 2479571)
what are you waiting for? we told you that Cowboy has changed, even posted pics of it

want me to mail you a piece? Oh, I see you live by me someplace. Comon over. I will give you a hunk or 3

;)

LOL... I'm waiting because I ordered mine on Monday, May 6th and it hasn't "shipped" to my local store yet. It's already bought and paid for, I have 3 unopened bags of RO in my garage.

Waiting for them to tell me to pick it up...LOL...but you could mail me a lump or two for a few hot dogs. :)

Dirtbuddy 05-14-2013 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dajogejr (Post 2479537)
Waiting to see if this lump is any good. I've heard past horror stories, also heard new and improved is good stuff. With coupon code SPRING5 take another 5 bucks off...and free ship to store.
http://www.truevalue.com/product/Hardwood-Lump-Charcoal-20-Lb/1602.uts?keyword=cowboy

Ordered 4 bags last night w/ free ship to store. Thx

Harbormaster 05-14-2013 12:05 PM

Menards has 18lb bags of RO briquettes for $4.97.
Not as good as Chef's Select, but for $.28 per pound, it'll do.

Hozman 05-14-2013 12:23 PM

how many 2x20 lb bags to a pallet?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:37 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise v2.6.0 Beta 4 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
2003 -2012 BBQ-Brethren Inc. All rights reserved. All Content and Flaming Pig Logo are registered and protected under U.S and International Copyright and Trademarks. Content Within this Website Is Property of BBQ Brethren Inc. Reproduction or alteration is strictly prohibited.