The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   My Take on Cali Pacific Rim BBQ (w/pron) (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=160533)

Just BS 05-09-2013 12:23 PM

My Take on Cali Pacific Rim BBQ (w/pron)

3 Attachment(s)
I washed some Baby Backs with Soy Sauce and then rubbed them with dry "Asian Spices" like Coriander & Ginger (of coarse there was also salt, pepper, mustard, nutmeg onion and garlic powder). On to the UDS for three hours before cooking between 200-230* basting them with Yoshida's a couple of times for one last hour. I used a combo of B&B lump, chunks of Hickory and started with Stubbs briquets in the UDS.

Served with garlic stir fried broccolli and pot stickers from Costco (I like finger foods with my ribs. :wink:

SmokinJohn 05-09-2013 12:29 PM

No love for your so cal bro? I never got to taste these.....:cry:

71-South 05-09-2013 12:29 PM

Looks good. I'd like to try that someday.

landarc 05-09-2013 12:53 PM

Sounds good, looks like, well, looks like you licked your lens before each shot :twisted:

That Teriyaki glaze sounds good, I think Teriyaki ribs are underrated

CharredApron 05-09-2013 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by landarc (Post 2475632)
Sounds good, looks like, well, looks like you licked your lens before each shot :twisted:

Bob you are too funny!

Just BS 05-09-2013 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by landarc (Post 2475632)

It was one of those days.... I fired up the UDS and then opened up a cryo pack of St Luey's that were two weeks past there "sell by" date. They had a little off smell, so I tossed 'em and ran down to the local market and bought the baby backs. Had all kinds of trouble maintaining my temps (it was windy). I wanted to 321 the St Louy's and was gonna wrap them with apple juice, butter and honey before glazing with the Yoshida's, but it wasn't in the cards ~ Next time!

Anyways, I don't post all of pics of all of my cooks, but thought this one was different enough that I should. The blurry photo's were just part of a crazy day where nothing went right, 'cept everybody ate well. :biggrin1:

Bludawg 05-09-2013 05:30 PM

Clean your camera lens! For just a Second I thought I had my readers on:mmph:

landarc 05-09-2013 07:29 PM

The eating is what matters.

Timmy Mac 05-09-2013 07:33 PM

Looks good! What did you think of that beer? Had one today,good flavor but a little to sweet for me.

BobM 05-14-2013 07:52 PM

Very nice! :thumb: