The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   "Different" Handle for UDS Lid (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=160521)

Toney Marconi 05-09-2013 09:23 AM

"Different" Handle for UDS Lid
 
I just ordered one of these from Home Depot. I figure if it doesn't work as a lid handle, I can use it for something else. It was less than $2 shipped to my door. I also ordered a 36" one to mount on my deck by the grills/UDS and hang a towel on. Both were only $5 shipped. Not bad for Stainless Steel.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b5...psb3c6e252.jpg

They are today's "Deal of the Day" at Home Depot.90% off all Bath Safety Items.
http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...&storeId=10051

J'ville Grill 05-09-2013 09:50 AM

Nice but won't it get a little hot to handle ( no pun intended) bare handed?

Teamfour 05-09-2013 09:59 AM

Thanks for the heads up! I just ordered two for my BWS cart. $4.10 for 18" style.

5string 05-09-2013 10:05 AM

Thank you for sharing this brother, I've been looking at these for quite a while trying to justify the price. Just ordered 8 each of the 18", 24", and 36". That should be enough to "re-handle" some of my cookers with a few left over for a new project.

Toney Marconi 05-09-2013 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J'ville Grill (Post 2475411)
Nice but won't it get a little hot to handle ( no pun intended) bare handed?

I dunno maybe. But at two bucks, I'll give it a try and let you know.

ssbbqguy 05-09-2013 02:01 PM

I use gloves and lift by the outer rim. I'll forget the gloves often with no problem. Most of the time I'll reach to the flue and lift. Never liked the idea of a handle on thin metal. I do use gaskets on the lids so they are not stuck though.Steve.

Toney Marconi 05-09-2013 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssbbqguy (Post 2475720)
I use gloves and lift by the outer rim. I'll forget the gloves often with no problem.

That's what I do now. More often without gloves than with. What it really boils down to is I couldn't pass up a 90% off deal. Even if it was on bath safety supplies.

Heisenberger 05-09-2013 05:04 PM

I'm a bit confused... wouldn't these be way too big for a UDS lid?

Toney Marconi 05-09-2013 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heisenberger (Post 2475934)
I'm a bit confused... wouldn't these be way too big for a UDS lid?

It might be. The lid is less than 18" across so it will fit. It may not look right so I may or may not use it. But for less than $2 shipped, I have nothing to lose. I'll use it for something in the garage if it doesn't go on the UDS.

oifmarine2003 05-09-2013 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5string (Post 2475438)
Thank you for sharing this brother, I've been looking at these for quite a while trying to justify the price. Just ordered 8 each of the 18", 24", and 36". That should be enough to "re-handle" some of my cookers with a few left over for a new project.

Too bad you are not local to me, I could get you them for scrap price (about 53 cents a pound)

Heisenberger 05-09-2013 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toney Marconi (Post 2475945)
It might be. The lid is less than 18" across so it will fit. It may not look right so I may or may not use it. But for less than $2 shipped, I have nothing to lose. I'll use it for something in the garage if it doesn't go on the UDS.

Can't argue with that logic. Update the thread if you use it! I can't because my UDS has evenly spaced pipe nipples as exhaust

buccaneer 05-09-2013 07:28 PM

^^^he said "nipple"...snort..hehehe

Toney Marconi 06-01-2013 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heisenberger (Post 2476058)
Can't argue with that logic. Update the thread if you use it! I can't because my UDS has evenly spaced pipe nipples as exhaust


Too big to use as a handle


http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b5...psad83e138.jpg


But like I said, I knew I could use them for something. Makes a great rack to hang a towel on.


http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b5...psf98e7fcf.jpg


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:07 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise v2.6.0 Beta 4 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
2003 -2012 BBQ-Brethren Inc. All rights reserved. All Content and Flaming Pig Logo are registered and protected under U.S and International Copyright and Trademarks. Content Within this Website Is Property of BBQ Brethren Inc. Reproduction or alteration is strictly prohibited.