The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Whole Hog where to buy (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=160116)

TuscaloosaQ 05-04-2013 11:40 AM

Whole Hog where to buy
 
Does anyone on the site know where to buy whole hogs in the Tuscaloosa or Birmingham Alabama area. Come on don't be shy your out there somewhere!!!!!!!!!!!:-P:-P

Tiger fan 05-04-2013 12:39 PM

Whole hog
 
Why not wait until the Fall and cook a whole Razorback !

TuscaloosaQ 05-04-2013 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiger fan (Post 2469854)
Why not wait until the Fall and cook a whole Razorback !


LOL!!!!!!! I like that

Butt Rubb'n BBQ 05-04-2013 01:36 PM

Roll tide ! I would look up your local butcher shop and get them to order one for you.

TuscaloosaQ 05-04-2013 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butt Rubb'n BBQ (Post 2469910)
Roll tide ! I would look up your local butcher shop and get them to order one for you.

thanks the said thing is we really do not have a true meat market in Tuscaloosa. If you do get them from a butcher are they usually froze???

K-JUN 05-04-2013 04:54 PM

Are there any ethnic markets in the area? Hispanic or Asian markets are sometimes the best places to look and often have the best prices. Is there a livestock sales barn near you? If so talk to them, tell them what you want, they may be able to steer you in the right direction.

morgaj1 05-04-2013 05:03 PM

Right in your backyard:

http://www.snowsbendfarm.com/

TRS 05-04-2013 05:16 PM

Go to any Publix in Tuscaloosa or Birmingham and tell the meat mgr you want to order a whole pig. They are dressed and come in frozen. They should be able to get you any sizes from 35-70lbs. Not sure of the current price though.
They can order them 3 days a week on their frozen truck.
They are availalble all year long. If you have any problems ordering one at the store, let me know.
Let's just say I have connections :wink:

Just BS 05-04-2013 05:33 PM

You can also check out the local high school's FFA program or a 4H program. We always have extra animals that we raise without hormones or antibiotics. They will also be able to put you in touch with a local butchet.

rcbaughn 05-04-2013 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRS (Post 2470110)
Go to any Publix in Tuscaloosa or Birmingham and tell the meat mgr you want to order a whole pig. They are dressed and come in frozen. They should be able to get you any sizes from 35-70lbs. Not sure of the current price though.
They can order them 3 days a week on their frozen truck.
They are availalble all year long. If you have any problems ordering one at the store, let me know.
Let's just say I have connections :wink:

You have no idea how much I have started to appreciate Publix. I didn't realize how awesome their meat departments are and how good the prices are.

They get fresh beef heart and all kinds of different cuts that you can't get anywhere else and it's priced awesome and EXTREMELY fresh. I love it. I've actually almost stopped buying meat from Whole Foods which was my go to because it is such good meat. The Asian market is the only other place I've been getting stuff from, and that's just pork products.

And sorry I can't help with the whole hog! We get them in the fall but they are still oinking when they get dropped off at the house. Not for long after though. :wink:

cowgirl 05-04-2013 07:55 PM

I'm fattening up a couple for cookouts this summer. I'd share if you lived closer! :-D

TuscaloosaQ 05-05-2013 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cowgirl (Post 2470238)
I'm fattening up a couple for cookouts this summer. I'd share if you lived closer! :-D

Thanks Jen and I know you would


morgaj1 man I appreciate the link and you are right I can just about hit em with a rock, well maybe have to have a slingshot a big un but it is close



Thanks for all the replies there is a Publix close by too never new I could get a hog from them. You all have over achieved and I thank you all


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:30 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise v2.6.0 Beta 4 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
2003 -2012 BBQ-Brethren Inc. All rights reserved. All Content and Flaming Pig Logo are registered and protected under U.S and International Copyright and Trademarks. Content Within this Website Is Property of BBQ Brethren Inc. Reproduction or alteration is strictly prohibited.