-   Q-talk (
-   -   BBQ Guru to UDS (

Wampus 04-30-2013 10:18 PM

BBQ Guru to UDS
I have 2 - 3/4" male nipples and a 3/4" female valve on my UDS that I need to get a Guru attached to somehow this weekend.

It's not my Guru and it's only for this one time, so I don't really want to pay the $25 for the adapter from Guru.

Just wondered if anyone has made it work without the "official" adapter?

colonel00 04-30-2013 10:22 PM

What is the outlet on the Guru like now? I tried to google it but I get all sorts of possibilities. For my controller I used a dishwasher hose which fits perfectly on the 3/4" nipple. Both ends are rubber so you might get that to work. Worst case you might need a little duct tape or another cheap adapter fitting.

Wampus 04-30-2013 10:28 PM

Yeah, I figured I'd just get a female to female threaded adapter and just tape it to seal it up if nothing else.

My buddy who has the Guru just sent me photos. The fitting on the fan looks like it's smooth and about 1 1/4" in diameter. He's gonna get me measurements.

colonel00 04-30-2013 10:31 PM

A roll of Arkansas Chrome is always a good thing :thumb: Plus, this isn't rocket surgery. Some minor leaks are probably tolerable.

jmoney7269 04-30-2013 10:32 PM

6" length of 3/"4 heater hose and 2 heater hose clamps

Daggs 04-30-2013 11:52 PM

^^^ This!

martyleach 04-30-2013 11:54 PM

Yup, just use that sticky metal tape. Works great. Unless you want to fuss with a welder....

Johnny_Crunch 05-01-2013 07:39 AM

I would spend the $25 in case you ever need it again you will have it.

Wampus 05-01-2013 09:17 AM


Originally Posted by Johnny_Crunch (Post 2466397)
I would spend the $25 in case you ever need it again you will have it.

Yeah, but I need it by Saturday. Can't imagine it would happen that quick.
Plus it's not my Guru and I really can't see ever buying one.

Wampus 05-01-2013 09:19 AM

To anyone who owns a GURU.....can you tell me the O.D. of the fan "snout" that would fit into the adapter?

deerslayer8153 05-01-2013 10:03 AM

I'm thinking once you use the Guru you WILL want one! They are amazing.

Bludawg 05-01-2013 10:30 AM

universal adapter>> Paper towel tube & a roll of duct tape.

foam2 05-01-2013 10:44 AM

I used 2 chop sticks like making a splint, wrapped it in the cardboard tube from a paper towel, up against the ball valve and wrapped it with electrical tape.

PaPaQ 05-01-2013 10:48 AM

I think what Stumps use to sale was a 1 1/2 to 1 electrical reducing bushing that screw into the ball valve. I have one at home, can get pictures later.

dadsr4 05-01-2013 01:43 PM

Aluminum foil, wire or chopsticks, and then duct tape. Slide it off when you are done, cut a slit if needed. Save it if you think you might need it again. If you slit it, you can always use more tape to reattach it.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:59 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
2003 -2012 BBQ-Brethren Inc. All rights reserved. All Content and Flaming Pig Logo are registered and protected under U.S and International Copyright and Trademarks. Content Within this Website Is Property of BBQ Brethren Inc. Reproduction or alteration is strictly prohibited.